It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I need help.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am trying to give my girlfriend christmas ideas for xmas. I have a 05 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition and really want some rumble from my exhaust. I know nothings about exhausts. Can someone tell me what I could buy for the best bang for her buck. I am looking in the $100-$150 price range. Help me please I would like to order it tonight and bring it to mineke or something to get installed or a logal muffler place. I want something loud.
Thank you for your help
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:18 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

flowmaster 40 series is popular JUST GET the muffler you DO NOT need the whole cat back system should be around $80

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject: k
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Can you send me the link to it cause i was looking at those and there were some that the exits were different (if that makes any sense). Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:04 am 
LOST Member

You can get the flowmaster 40 seres at www.summitracing.com. Let me warn you, that the 40 seres can and does resinate inside. I would buy a borla or gisbson muffler and get the rumble without the loud drown. Also flowmaster has a 50 seres that isn't bad, the 40 is about the loudest muffler you can buy, but there can be a price to be paid for all that noise ha ha.

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:44 am 
LOST Newbie

I would get the new muffler to match the stock inputs and outputs that you there is less fabrication for the exhaust shop or if you are doing it yourself, I am currently in the process of putting on a 1 in and 2 out flowmaster that I had laying around from previous project and if fits nice and neat up underneath and you dont even see it hang down, and it isnt too close to the underside to burn the inside carpet or other sound deading material. if you do have a shop do the install check for clearance when they are done, I had the shop that I have always gone to for exhaust put a 2 chamber on my cj and they put it to close to the floor, went to go wheeling and pulling some of the hills with all the added gear I smelt a sugary type smell, looked back and the carpet was melting behind the passenger seat, I fixed it by using a small press plate from the newspaper that hadnt been stamped no more melting carpet or 100 degree temps on the rear passengers feet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:19 pm 
Got Groceries?

guys ive found a place with much better prices than anywhere else ive seen, with free shipping.
I dont know about the other parts on their site, but flowmaster is very reasonable.

its worth a look.

oh and to save some more at that site, on the main page in the topright corner there is a wholesale login, type in "ebayrocks" to get it whole sale

www.performancepeddler.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:23 pm 
This member has been Banned

If you really want a muffler for Christmas, make it something that shines like stainless.