It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Programeable PCM's/stand alones?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Has anybody have any experance with any of those programeable computers or stand alones?Just wondering,could be a better alternitive to getting power from your mods and keeping it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

About the only thing i have experence with is megasquirt on a neon. It controls spark and fuel on a 03 neon with the NGC ECU. but he does have lots of CELs because of it. so it wont pass emmisions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Get an extra PCM and get it flashed by B&G Chrysler. The torque management is deleted, and the adaptives are turned on. It will work with a completely stock 3.7, and allow your mods to work up to an intake, headers, exhaust, throttle body, and little bigger cams. It's definately more aggressive than stock. Keep your stock PCM so you have a spare, and have no problems with emmissions testing. They can also do supercharged and turbocharged flashes, and custom flashes.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KY, would the B&G reflash effect off road performance. Also when I talk to B&M is there a certain thing I need to ask for or do I just ask for a reflashed PCM for my KJ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:34 pm 
LOST Addict

It will affect off road performance. It will be able to put more power to the ground, the transmission will shift better, and the coverter will lock up better. If you really want a difference off road, 4.10's, a shift kit, and a custom converter will really help.

You can just get their standard performance flash for the KJ. You can send them your PCM to be reprogrammed, but I recommend keeping it stock and sending them a spare. I got my extra PCM from Autocraft. B&G will give you the standard warning that it's for off road use only, and that they can't recommend towing or anything like that since it is a performance part that also turns off the power limiting features. If you want your performance mods to actually work, I would highly recommend this flash.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KY Liberty, what level of stall would be best for off-roading?

KY Liberty wrote:
a custom converter will really help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:51 pm 
LOST Addict

It depends on if you want more or less slippage in your tranny. I would think you would want a lower stall, but I really don't do any trails. You would want to talk to Wayne at APS and they can recommend and make the torque converter with the best stall rpm for your application. They can also raise your torque multiplication which is helpful down low. Their tc's are more efficient also. This would put more power to the ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What or who is APS? The only APS I know of, is a company that makes Uninteruptible Power Supplies, for computers. :shock:

Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

QuestMan wrote:
What or who is APS? The only APS I know of, is a company that makes Uninteruptible Power Supplies, for computers. :shock:
Here you go-----http://www.apsprecision.com/ShiftKit.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks. :D

Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

QuestMan wrote:

Lol, you mean APC me thinks.
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Lol, you mean APC me thinks.

:shock: Oops. Guess I've got computers on the brain. :-)r

Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:04 pm 
Got Groceries?

would the PCM flash help with fuel economy at all? I want some more power but I'd like to at least keep my current fuel economy. Im not really intrested in the Gas Miser...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 pm 
LOST Addict

The PCM flash will lean it out a little, and advance the timing, so theoretically you could get better mpg. However, anything you do that increases the performance will tend to cause a buildup of lead in your right foot. This will usually more than offset any gains in mpg. Even the way mine is setup, around town, I can get over 14 mpg, but I typically don't because of my heavy foot. I average 20+ mpg highway driving, with flat sections of highways on cruise control at 60 mph getting 25+ mpg.