It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:12 am 
LOST Member

Boi1ermaker wrote:
SS Virus, did you ever dyno your jeep so you can do a before and after? Having some objective numbers would be more meaningful than my opinion.

No, I tried before, but the problem is no body has a Jeep Dyno here in my country.
But, honesty I feel more power than before,
Today I'll get my Libby with the modified PCM when the dealer install it, and see if there is any changes.

Moper Cool Air Intake (Done)
FastMan Throttle Body (Done)
PCM Flash (Done)
Ring and Pinion (Done)
Shift Kit (Done)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:46 pm 
LOST Addict

scaryanias wrote:
As for power, mine scares my Mom who drives a 2003 GC 4.7. :twisted:

haha.. thats awsome man. this flash seems to be the answer iv been looking for in terms of adding horsepower for the mean time, is it also super or turbo charged ready? i havent read any thing about the Lag or an increase in acceleration? im hoping this flash will also improve these problems.

The flash will help with acceleration, and with the terrible lag when you stomp on it. It will help the shifts also. The flash will handle a mild cam, like some 200's or 206's, headers, exhaust, throttle body, and intake. You can also look at gears and transmission for more power. 4.10 gears, a reprogramming kit, and a better torque converter made a big difference on mine with a 45RFE. More than that, and they'll probably have to custom flash it for you. Definately if you're going to add forced induction.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:29 am 
LOST Member

Got my Libby today, but I didn’t feel much power, it is accelerate faster than before, and shifts very nice, but still the same after 80mile. :( In my opinion it is too expensive mod for fewer changes. I think better to throughout the 3.7L engine and get 4.7L.

PCM Flash (Done)
Ring and Pinion (Done)
Shift Kit (Done)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:29 pm 
LOST Addict

You need to drive it more. It will program the adaptives over the first 50 warm up cycles. It should be running rich right now. Depending on your modifications, and how well they work together, you should get anywhere from an extra 5-15% more power to the ground from the flash. However, I don't know how well the flash works with the newer computer and 42rle transmission. If you're going to swap in a 4.7, I would recommend either building it, or at least going with the 4.7 HO. My KJ with the 3.7, without N2O, will smoke a GC with the 4.7. You're going to want to find a donor vehicle since you're also going to need the computer, wiring harnesses, transmission, etc...

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:01 am 
LOST Member

KY Liberty wrote:
You need to drive it more. It will program the adaptive over the first 50 warm up cycles. It should be running rich right now. Depending on your modifications, and how well they work together, you should get anywhere from an extra 5-15% more power to the ground from the flash. However, I don't know how well the flash works with the newer computer and 42rle transmission. If you're going to swap in a 4.7, I would recommend either building it, or at least going with the 4.7 HO. My KJ with the 3.7, without N2O, will smoke a GC with the 4.7. You're going to want to find a donor vehicle since you're also going to need the computer, wiring harnesses, transmission, etc...

You are right, I feel it it running rich, and when I push the gas piddle it seems like something wrong, but I only drove it for less than an hour. I'll drive more today, because I am going foe some off road now to try it in the desert. :)

PCM Flash (Done)
Ring and Pinion (Done)
Shift Kit (Done)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

yeah, give it time, it releases more and more power each time you drive.
i've had mine for two weeks now,the jeep sits for most of the week as i drive honda to work, but each time i drive it seems to be a little more fine tuned. personally the best thing the flash changed is the torque management, i bought the shift kit for it thinking thats what it needed for faster shifts but the after the flash i realized it was the tq management that was making it feel that way.

I like it and think it's worth the money.

i bought the shift kit and that should take care of any remaining lag in shifting, just waiting to get back in touch with wayne at aps to order the tq converter and put everything in together. that should bring me where i wanna be in power so when my hp's wear and i put my 255's on i'll still have some get up and go.

HEY KY LIBERTY, curious, wayne says theres about 80lb/ft of torque you can get from an upgraded tq. converter, that sound about right, did you feel that much of power difference?

BORLA EXHAUST, COLD AIR KIT, AUBURN LSD, FASTMAN TB, B&G FLASH , APS TC.

COMING SOON : 255/65/17' s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:16 pm 
LOST Addict

f1paul wrote:
yeah, give it time, it releases more and more power each time you drive.
i've had mine for two weeks now,the jeep sits for most of the week as i drive honda to work, but each time i drive it seems to be a little more fine tuned. personally the best thing the flash changed is the torque management, i bought the shift kit for it thinking thats what it needed for faster shifts but the after the flash i realized it was the tq management that was making it feel that way.

I like it and think it's worth the money.

i bought the shift kit and that should take care of any remaining lag in shifting, just waiting to get back in touch with wayne at aps to order the tq converter and put everything in together. that should bring me where i wanna be in power so when my hp's wear and i put my 255's on i'll still have some get up and go.

HEY KY LIBERTY, curious, wayne says theres about 80lb/ft of torque you can get from an upgraded tq. converter, that sound about right, did you feel that much of power difference?

The combination of the shift kit, tc, flash, exhaust, intake and throttle body makes a very nice difference. Don't expect to be putting an extra 80 lb/ft of torque to the ground though. Probably closer to half that from the combination. Must be some miscommunication there. You'll want some 4.10's with the bigger tires too. You'll have a lot flatter torque curve, that's noticeably more powerful. Much better shifts and acceleration. Mine's got at least 10k miles on all these parts and it works very well once broken in. Takes 5k miles before the torque converter really starts performing well. Make sure to drive it hard at least part of the time to get the best performance out of it, and don't just run it up to the top of a gear. Let it learn to shift well at wot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:23 am 
LOST Member

Just to update you guys, the PCM is working very nice now, I tested it last Thursday, I reached to 125 Mile, and she still want more. :lol:
The Engine modes till now are:
· Fast Man TB.
· JBA Short Headers.
· Borla Dual Exit Cat-Back Exhaust System.
· K&N Cold Air Intake.
· AEM Airaid Throttle Body Spacers.
· Shift Kit (42RLE).
· B&G Performance Upgrade.
Note that I am using BIG Tires.
Still want the TC to go. :(

PCM Flash (Done)
Ring and Pinion (Done)
Shift Kit (Done)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What size tires are you running SS?

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:18 am 
LOST Member

Jeepjeepster wrote:
What size tires are you running SS?

They are 255/65/16.

PCM Flash (Done)
Ring and Pinion (Done)
Shift Kit (Done)

Post subject: ATT: ss-virus
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

not to hijack thread here, but ss, notice you said you are running 255's on your kj , have you you got anyh pics straight on or from the rear ?

i also plan on 255/65/17 toyo a/t's and would like to see the stance.

BORLA EXHAUST, COLD AIR KIT, AUBURN LSD, FASTMAN TB, B&G FLASH , APS TC.

COMING SOON : 255/65/17' s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:28 am 
LOST Member

no problems, sorry for the guality, took them with my N95 cell phone 8)
here you go
http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 015js4.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 016im7.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 017dy5.jpg
http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 018hm1.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 019mn7.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 020ar1.jpg

PCM Flash (Done)
Ring and Pinion (Done)
Shift Kit (Done)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:37 pm 
LOST Member

i'm pretty sure i've read all the posts on the B&G flash, one question that I sill have is how do you actually get the second ECM programmed with the vin? is the dealer able to program it without it being in the vehicle? do you drive the jeep there with the old ECM and have them swap it out and then program the second?

I'm preparing for my Christmas present to myself :twisted:

Jet Stage 2 Chip : '07 Air Intake
Relocated IAT Sensor : '05 HVAC Controls
Front Hitch : EVIC from '01 GC : Custom Rock Rails
Transgo Shift Reprogramming Kit
KC Driving Lights & Aux Backup Lights
.......all GONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkoen01 wrote:
i'm pretty sure i've read all the posts on the B&G flash, one question that I sill have is how do you actually get the second ECM programmed with the vin? is the dealer able to program it without it being in the vehicle? do you drive the jeep there with the old ECM and have them swap it out and then program the second?

You'd have to drive to the dealership with your old PCM installed,have them install the PCM and then they can program it,then you can install your old PCM and send the newly programed PCM to B&G to get flashed.It's not going to be cheap but the new PCM has to be installed to be programed and the KJ will not start without the PCM being programed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:48 pm 
LOST Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
tjkoen01 wrote:

You'd have to drive to the dealership with your old PCM installed,have them install the PCM and then they can program it,then you can install your old PCM and send the newly programed PCM to B&G to get flashed.It's not going to be cheap but the new PCM has to be installed to be programed and the KJ will not start without the PCM being programed.

that's what i thought, just wanted to check.

Jet Stage 2 Chip : '07 Air Intake
Relocated IAT Sensor : '05 HVAC Controls
Front Hitch : EVIC from '01 GC : Custom Rock Rails
Transgo Shift Reprogramming Kit
KC Driving Lights & Aux Backup Lights
.......all GONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:30 pm 
LOST Addict

Don't forget to take both of your keys. You have to get them programmed to it also or it will start and die after about 2 seconds. The method above works well as long as you get the vin and keys taken care of. It's the way I recommend so that you have the stock as a spare, and for temporary use for testing. It also keeps you from having any downtime.