It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need Help: APS High Stall Torque Converters
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:17 am 
LOST Member

Hi all,
My next step is the Torque Converter, can some one hel me what is tha part I should order, I sent the customer support many email, but got no reply, does any one here got from them for the late 2003 Liberty, What is the part number of that part?

Moper Cool Air Intake (Done)
FastMan Throttle Body (Done)
PCM Flash (Done)
Ring and Pinion (Done)
Shift Kit (Done)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:54 am 
LOST Addict

You'll need to call them and talk to Wayne. I don't know of anyone that has had good luck with email to APS. I think the converter for the 42rle is brand new and not on their website yet.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
You'll need to call them and talk to Wayne. I don't know of anyone that has had good luck with email to APS.

I'll second this. Once you have Wayne on the phone you will find he's a very nice guy and very helpful. Don't plan on calling at a time where you would leave a message. Over the three week period we exchanged phone, his voice mail box was full each time i got his machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

why would you want a high stall? do you spend most of your driving over 2500? i rarely even get over 2500 on a typical driving loop.

if i changed mine, i would have it stall at 1600-1800. but im sure mine is tuned to have more low end power than most people, seems like everyone wants that big exhaust sound that kills your low end to get you just a few more up top.

but stock even, they say the torque peak is at 4000, thats misleading.

it is within just one or two ft/lbs of peak from 3600-4400 so you could very easily say it has peak torque at 3600.

the widely accepted 90% of peak torque is available from 1850-5250

that is a very wide torque spread for an engine without variable intake volume or valve timing.

and within 35ft/lbs of peak from 1200-5400

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:36 pm 
LOST Addict

Most people on this forum probably wouldn't want a higher stall. Mine is around 2500 rpm, but I also used to race with a big shot of N2O. If you're looking at some bigger cams like 206's or 212's the higher stall will help also. With the higher stall, I had them raise my torque multiplier from 1.93:1 to 2.53:1. For off roading, or heavy towing I would think something under 2000 rpm would be good. Talk to Wayne though. They can recommend the settings for the tc for what you want.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:36 am 
LOST Member

KY Liberty:
Thanks for the help, the problem is the timing? you know :)

jcphoto20:
When I called Wayne, all ask to do it less than 1800 rpm, and yes, my driveing is always in the highway, and some offrading.

Moper Cool Air Intake (Done)
FastMan Throttle Body (Done)
PCM Flash (Done)
Ring and Pinion (Done)
Shift Kit (Done)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
KY Liberty:
Thanks for the help, the problem is the timing? you know

I thought it was always, "ball bearings", these days. (Sorry. I've seen Fletch one too many times :lol: )

In any case, what does it run, to get a new TC, and have it installed? I'm getting ready to upsize my tires, and don't want to lose my torque.

Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:59 am 
LOST Addict

The APS tc for the 45RFE is $460. I don't know the cost for the 42RLE, but it's probably similar. Getting the tc installed will probably run a few hundred, but call the transmission shops where you live for a quote.

If you're upsizing your tires, you actually probably want to go to 4.10 gears. That will give you your torque back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rats! :cry: I was hoping I could upgrade the TC cheaper, then trying to replace the gearing. Oh, well. 4.10 gears, or New bull bar, winch, rock rails and tires. Deciscions, decisons. 8)

Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:18 pm 
LOST Addict

You might want to do the tires and other weight adding first. Then you will appreciate the change the 4.10's will make a lot more. Otherwise, you will lose power that you already got used to.