It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Should I go lifted or stay low?
Lift it 2.5" 43%  43%  [ 16 ]
Lift it 7" 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Go nuts and lift it to the sky!!! 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Keep it slammed, it's original!!! 43%  43%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: Should One Low Liberty become One Big KJ?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:56 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys and gals of L.O.S.T., I am in a sort of dilema right now. I am debating with myself and friends whether or not to keep my KJ "bagged" or sell my bags and 20" wheels and lift it. Another idea is what lift to go with; should I just go for the 2.5" lift and what is the best manufacturer? Or should I just go big and either try to get sponsored for the 7up Rock Krawler Lift or fabricate a custom huge lift? And if i can't get sponsored is the 7up kit worth purchasing for a 2wd? Also what other offroad components such as drivetrain and accessories are a must when lifting in order to maximize my offroad experience? Thanks in advance for any advice!

•3 tvs
•2 12" subs
•and a whole lot more!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:37 am 
LOST Newbie

From the sounds of things, the 7up is all show and no go anyway... just talk to fireblad. You could try to fab your own lift if you have the time, money and materials, and of course you don't mind using your ride as a guinea pig. Ya already bagged your ride, so why not go for a custom angle again...?
-Lance

"I'm a curb conquerer!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What end goal are you trying to accomplish?
IS this a show vehicle? Do you really want to beat up on it off road or lifting for looks?
If you really want to wheel a 2wd, I suggest a spring lift like Rustys or the Frankenlift and a rear locker.
If you are going for the wow factor and just want to draw atention to it for show/sponsorship purposes, then a larger lift would be better. You could use the 7up and I would imagine there are things you wouldn't have to deal w/ seeing you only have a 2wd. I wouldnt try wheeling it much though as trying to turn larger than 32's on a 2wd off road is going to suck. On the street it should be fine (?).

It sounds like you have a pretty unique vehicle now. Maybe upping the overall performance of the vehicle would be a way to go? Custom paint?
Custom body work? Anyhow, knowing what You really want to accomplish will help us to spend your money. :lol:

BTW, I voted keep it slammed. ORiginality rules. A mostly non-functional sky high 2wd to me is lame. If built up sweet to actually fly fast off road as a lifted 2wd, now you are talking. A pre-runner style KJ would be Killer and Unique too. Just my HO FWIW.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:47 pm 
LOST Member

I voted to keep it low too. If you had 4wd I may have voted differently. You live in cali., keep it slammed, add the supercharger your working on and go carve up some canyon roads. Maybe someone will come up with a ground effects kit, add nice paint schemes. It'll most likely look really cool. Good luck. Oh once you get the charger on give us some #'s, I'd like to see what she can do...

245/75-16 Revos
Full Armor
Powertrax NoSlip
Magnaflow Exhaust
Way more on the Horizon

Post subject: Re: Should One Low Liberty become One Big KJ?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:27 pm 
All J Products Lifetime Vendor
All J Products Lifetime Vendor

onelowliberty wrote:
Hey guys and gals of L.O.S.T., I am in a sort of dilema right now. I am debating with myself and friends whether or not to keep my KJ "bagged" or sell my bags and 20" wheels and lift it. Another idea is what lift to go with; should I just go for the 2.5" lift and what is the best manufacturer? Or should I just go big and either try to get sponsored for the 7up Rock Krawler Lift or fabricate a custom huge lift? And if i can't get sponsored is the 7up kit worth purchasing for a 2wd? Also what other offroad components such as drivetrain and accessories are a must when lifting in order to maximize my offroad experience? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I'd like to see pictures of the KJ on bags and 20's. I'm sure it took some work to make that happen. Maybe air bags will work for a lift too ;)

1968 Jeep M715
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4 door JK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:34 pm 
LOST Addict

You should continue with your concept you have built so far. Find yourself an older TJ and start messing with it if you want to build an off road rig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:18 am 
LOST Member

I'd say start with a 2.5 and do a 1/2" clevis, then see how you like it.

Wait until parts for a 4" lift get cheap and then go that route.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:34 pm 
LOST Member

Keep it low it 2WD anyway and it looks good like it is, does it jump?

Post subject: Re: Should One Low Liberty become One Big KJ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I say go for a crazy high travel IFS like the desert prerunner trucks have. A KJ would look absolutely awesome like that and since you're in CA I'm sure you can find dunes and sand to play on.

macgyver wrote:
I'd like to see pictures of the KJ on bags and 20's. I'm sure it took some work to make that happen. Maybe air bags will work for a lift too ;)

Air bags work wonderfully offroad. Here's the best kit I've ever seen , available for TJs:

http://www.fourwheeler.com/howto/129_0301_jeep/index.html
http://www.offroadonly.com/products/suspension/airock/

I'd pay good money for a system like that on my KJ...

L.O.S.T. #0

Future:
2016 Hydro Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

Previous:
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Sold!
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Dealer buyback
2003 Silver KJ Freedom 4x4 - Sold!
32s, Frankenlift, BBars, onboard air, dirt.
KJ EVIC Install

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I would try and make it lower....lol Get some skid plates and drag the bottom down the highway. Make them sparks fly! JK...be safe and do what it is that you really want to do with your vehicle!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:07 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If you are going just for show do the 7up. From what I have read that is about all it is good for.