It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jet Performance Chip?? Joke or Worth it?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:35 pm 
LOST Member

Hi, Has anyone dealt with or installed the Jet Performance Module on thier Liberty? Is it worth it? I did a search on here to find any similar posts but didn't find any.sorry if this has been covered before.thanks,MattyMac

Here's a link to it??
http://www.autoanything.com/products/pr ... module_pcm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joke. A friend of mine installed one on his XJ, and it did nothing...

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I know KYLibety had one installed.

I think he took it to the track and if I remeber right all he said it did was burn more gas.

28D package (full skids)
Trailer tow group
Auto tranny
Trac-Loc
Jeep seat covers
K&N air filter
Moog K3199 LBJs
Frankenlift
Al's upper A arms
Goodyear wrangler silent armor
255/70-16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:20 pm 
LOST Member

jet chips are trash spend the $$ and get you a power programer i got one and i love it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My 02 KJ wrote:
jet chips are trash spend the $$ and get you a power programer i got one and i love it

Didn't know they hade one for the KJ. What kind do you have, do you have a link?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:33 pm 
LOST Addict

I tried the Stage 1 and it lost 5 peak hp on the dyno. It also made it run too rich. When I tried to offer the dyno charts and the chip back to them to be programmed correctly, they accused me of buying a defective chip off ebay. They told me to read some glorious reviews on some Dodge forum, for a truck with a different motor, because the same chip went in it. They were then nice enough to offer to make a custom chip for $400 more, even though the $250 chip I had already bought didn't work.

If you want to upgrade your computer, you need a B&G aggressive flash with the torque management deleted. Otherwise you are throwing away your money.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ah

Sorry I had the info wrong, I knew it was some thing like that though.

28D package (full skids)
Trailer tow group
Auto tranny
Trac-Loc
Jeep seat covers
K&N air filter
Moog K3199 LBJs
Frankenlift
Al's upper A arms
Goodyear wrangler silent armor
255/70-16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:17 am 
LOST Member

I always wondered if those chips worked or not, I see them on ebay all the time. Kind of sounds like a scam in a way and I'm not sure I would trust something like that from ebay. Not that there is anything wrong with them or the sellers on it, I would just rather but face to face with something like that.

245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:26 pm 
LOST Member

Jet chip stage 2 took 2 tenths off my quarter mile. That was before i changed my thermostat after i did that i gained even more power and mileage i will report next time i go out.

Chris

Auburn LSD
Lots of other goodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:13 am 
LOST Newbie

KY Liberty wrote:
If you want to upgrade your computer, you need a B&G aggressive flash with the torque management deleted. Otherwise you are throwing away your money.

How did the B&G work out for you? Big difference? How much was the reflash? and lastly, have you noticed any drivability issues with it, like bad idling or poor fuel economy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:30 pm 
LOST Addict

I really like the B&G flash. It just didn't shift well, or drive quite right after going to the 4.10 gears and 2500 rpm stall with a 2.53 multiplier with the stock ECU. I also couldn't launch it very hard it all. The torque management just didn't seem to like the modifications. It didn't handle the juice well either. I could only put 214 hp to the wheels on the dyno. With the B&G I put down 252 hp and 301 ftlbs of torque and could have leaned it out from the fat 10.9 afr it was running for another 20-30 hp. It shifts better now, but I think I'm going to still do the shift kit to tighten them up some more. It really has a lot more power off the line now. It climbs up hills like they're nothing. It was definately worth the $450 for the flash to get the thousands of dollars of upgrades working so well together it's like it came that way of the line.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i have a question for you KY...

i notice in your sig you have the tow group and offroad package... so that means you should have the extra clutch-driven cooling fan... wouldn't removing that give you more useable power? especially when the clutch fan kicks on?

thanks,

mb818

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:44 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeah, but I like the extra cooling. Plus, once I get the other block built with the direct N2O shot under the fuel injectors, it should make similar hp to the ground as the 6.1 Hemi instead of the 5.7. I'll probably end up replacing the 8.25 in the rear with a built 44 before too long if I run at the strip very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Eddo wrote:
My 02 KJ wrote:

Didn't know they hade one for the KJ. What kind do you have, do you have a link?

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject: B&G pcm upgrade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:09 am 
LOST Newbie

I was looking to do a pcm upgrade and was looking real hard at JET until I heard they did VERY LITTLE if any thing at all for around $250.00. Well forget that, so then I seen ky liberty post he had a B&G PCM flash done so I thought I would E-mail B&G to see what they could do for me. I told them I had a 04 liberty,3.7L, auto trans, K&N cold air intake, magnaflow cat back exhaust and I tow a 3000 LB. boat. This was there reply: Rick, I can give you a better calibration for your liberty, A more aggressive timing curve,we turn off engine stall torque management which will improve your off the line pulling,raise rev and speed limit. But just a note we do not recommend towing with a performance tune not that you can't tow with it but we don't recommend. And yes we usually gain fuel mileage: Well for $400.00 + and I am not calling it junk but I well just keep my money. The whole sales pitch was very week. The one thing I was really impressed with was the man did not try to BS me he was straight up and that is uncommon in dealing with this kind of stuff.

04 rocky mountain edition,4X4,flame red,sunroof,class3 hitch,limited slip,tow hooks,safari rack,3-6"-130W lights on front of rack,2-55W rectangle backup lights on rear of rack,emergency strobes,K&N intake,magnaflow exhaust, just the things the wife needs to navigate her way to work & the mall!

Post subject: thermostat?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:50 am 
LOST Member

GPR65 wrote:
Jet chip stage 2 took 2 tenths off my quarter mile. That was before i changed my thermostat after i did that i gained even more power and mileage i will report next time i go out.

Chris

Where did you get your thermostat? I have not been able to find a 180 degree for the 3.7L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:37 pm 
LOST Addict

GPR65 wrote:

Chris

The 2 tenths in a quarter mile with those big MTRs should be within the differences you would get just by making a few runs without making any changes. Reseting the computer can do it too. The stage 2 may also work better than the stage 1.

What kind of times are you running the quarter in? Low to mid 18's with the lift and tires?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:17 am 
LOST Member

Jet tunes tend to be generic, I put one on a 99 f-150 and burned up my computer, it cost me 500.00 bucks to replace, I've not been a fan of jet since. Very few people report good results from jet,but there are some, most either loose power or gain none. This is posible because on a 1 tune fits all chip, thier bound to hit it right some times. I have a bama programer that I use on my ranger and this thing is awesome, 15 hp and close to 20 foot pounds. It's an xcaliber programer with the programs designed by Doug at bama, a ford ranger guru, he design programs specific to each trucks computer and mods. It can hold up to 3 different programs and corect for tire and gear changes. I know this doesn't help us with our kj's, but the point being, a programer is far superior to a chip. I'm gonna see if superchips might make something for us, with all the kj's sold, there should be a market to say the least, they have a programer for the tj's. Hold off on the chip if you can and lets see what happens.

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:08 am 
LOST Addict

You just need a B&G flash. It works very well. I was the test monkey for the 3.7 flash. Now quite a few people have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:40 am 
LOST Member

I have an e-mail out to superchips and Doug at bama to see if they can help, Doug is at sema, won't be back till next week. I will post any replies I get. It seems to me, with as many liberty's that have been sold, the aftermarket as been slow to respond, not to mention that the 3.7 is used in a host of other vehicles. The 3.7 is a good soild power plant that deserves some attention.

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed