It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fuel Help
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

I need help getting back some of my fuel effinecy after put on my 265/75/r16 tires. I drive about 35 miles everyday just getting to work so i need to save all the fuel i can but i dont want to sacrfice my big tires on my rig. also i was looking for a safari rack can any suggest one?? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Looking for:
Safari Rack
Front Hitch
Rear Tow Hook or Hitch
6 In dash disc changer
Black Rims

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:26 pm 
LOST Addict

Change all your fluids and use good quality synthetic. Clean your injectors, and check your plugs. They usually need to be replaced every 20k-30k miles in the 3.7. Put in a good drop in air filter such as an Amsoil. A Fastman throttle body might help. I think you can get a gas miser flash from B&G for about $350. You can go to 4.10 gears and save a few cents per mile, and get some of your lost power back, but it will probably take about 60k miles to break even. Stay off the skinny pedal. The Libby really drinks a lot of gas if you get on it too hard.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

I drive about 60 miles round trip per day and am getting 23+ mpg's. I just installed a fastman tb which gives a nice power boost, but I'm not convinced yet that it will increase mpg's.

Great advice from KY Liberty! I highly agree with staying off of the gas pedal....use cruise control and keep it at or below the speed limit (62 on the interstate seems to give me the best results).

Also get yourself an EVIC (can get them $30 used off of EBay) which will show you real-time MPG's....a real eye opener at how terrain and different speeds affects your MPG.

Post subject: Re: Fuel Help
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Upstateny02kj wrote:
I need help getting back some of my fuel effinecy after put on my 265/75/r16 tires. I drive about 35 miles everyday just getting to work so i need to save all the fuel i can but i dont want to sacrfice my big tires on my rig. also i was looking for a safari rack can any suggest one?? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
You'll never get it back,I went from 23mpg stock to "lucky if I get 12-15mpg" now with it modded,but I'm in the mountains and that sucks the most gas.