It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eibach Pro Lowering Kits??
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:30 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi all. Brand new to the forum and a proud new '07 Liberty owner!! I know 90% of the people here lift their Libbies but I don't really do much rock crawling... Mainly a daily commuter but I like the idea that I can do some real trails whenever I go up to Vermont on a weekend away. In anycase... I was wondering if anyone has any experience in LOWERING their Libby. I found a kit supposedly designed for it that drops it 1.2 inches front and back... My thinking it'll help with cornering, stability and possibly fuel but not enough to really hinder any trail running. Am I correct in thinking this?? Any thoughts?? Also would anyone know if this would void my "Lifetime Warrenty"??? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly apprieciated!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Why would you lower it more than Chrysler already has? I want my 07 up where my 02 is.

If you wanted a lowere daily driver with better mpg, you should have purchased a patriot.

'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:21 pm 
LOST Member

If you lower it an inch you would still have the same clearance as stock with engine skid installed. That implies that you don't have an engine skid installed. I don't know if anybody has lowered one but there is always first time I guess.

OME Lift, 245/75/16 General Grabbers AT2, ProComp Extreme Alloys 7189
Mopar Tow Hooks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:41 pm 
LOST Member

I think to say that it wouldnt really inhibit its offroad capablity would be false. With ground clearance at a minimum you would be asking to drag your liberty over everything on the trail. I also think that you wont gain much handling. I guess if you put shorter springs in that are stiffer they may help cornering. Just my thoughts.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Also would anyone know if this would void my "Lifetime Warrenty"??? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly apprieciated!!
Most likely.

And you will kill all the offroad ability besides gravel roads.If you want it lower and still able to offroad put all the armor on(ARB front bumber,RockLizard rear bumber,Super Skink sliders,and full skids) and it will drop you about a 1" with the stock suspension,then your warrenty will not be voided(still running stock suspension componets).