It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fastman ???'s
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey all. I am seriously thinking about ordering a FastMan TB but only one thing is stopping me: installation (I hope I spelled that right). Can anyone tell me if the TB comes with instructions? And if it doesn't, then how hard is it to install without them? I gave FastMan a call on their websites number, but "Dan" is out of town for the next 2 weeks! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

245/70/16 Avon Ranger's
Ram-Air gutter mod
Remanufactured Jasper trans
FastMan Throttle Body
Bosch +4 Platinum sparkplugs
Optima Red Top battery
Alpine radio
In the works:
Something to help my pathetic 42RLE. It's just awful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yes they do...i'm holding them in my hands right now. If i wasn't so lazy, i'd scan them...but its really not necessary because its a fairly simple install. Disconnected the battery, as much to reset the PCM as for safety reasons. Next i removed my FIPK tube. There might have been a small rubber hose running to the intake that needed to be removed. Next, disconnect the throttle linkage and the three sensor connectors running to the TB. There are three bolts holding the throttle body on; i believe they require 10mm sockets and the bottom one required an extension for the ratchet. Covered up the manifold so nothing could get in there while i was completing the next few steps. After you remove the throttle body, you need to take the sensors off of your old throttle body and put them on your fastman TB. This required a T-20 torx bit. Reverse the process to reassemble. Should take about 15 minutes with the proper tools.