It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the fastman
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:52 pm 
LOST Member

well i ordered my throttle body this morning. So hopefully by the end of the month I will have it on. KY how long did it take to get yours?

coming soon: Corbeau Moab seats, JBA 6"lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:22 pm 
LOST Addict

If memory serves me correctly, it was about a week.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hmmm, I ordered mine on the 11th so I hope it gets here soon:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:20 pm 
LOST Member

well i talked to dan earlier about the hold up and he said he was waiting for cores. long story short should be on my doorstep bythe 14th at the latest. oh yeah......................................... an he persuaded me into gwtting a new cam over anything else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:24 pm 
LOST Addict

Good to hear you'll be getting it soon. You'll like it. Changing the cams can make a world of difference in a motor. What cams are you going with?

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:52 pm 
LOST Member

ya know i really havnt decided what to go with. im not sure if i want more high end or low end yet so who knows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:42 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

C co Crusader 2/127 wrote:
ya know i really havnt decided what to go with. im not sure if i want more high end or low end yet so who knows

if you are going off road a lot then you want good low end torque, well even for most on road driving, high end wont help a Jeep much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:33 am 
LOST Member

well in not meaning high like a Japanese vehicle would be running but high as in still got something at highway speeds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:52 pm 
LOST Addict

I would think that if you're going to tow and offroad, some 200's like in a 4.7 HO would work very nicely. If you're going with a higher stall on your torque converter, something like some 206's would probably be a good match. I've got a 2500 rpm stall and a 2.53:1 torque multiplier, so I'm going with the 206's. Should be a beast on the road. I really never get into anything that I need more than 4FT, so they should be great for me. Has to wait a little while though. All my extra money this spring has to pay a huge bill on the 15th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:07 pm 
LOST Addict

Isn't it... really hard to change the cams? :)

2003 Cactus Green Renegade w/ NP231 & NV3550
Al's 4th Gen UCAs
Custom 3.5" Lift
Rear DTT
Spidertraxed 245/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:45 pm 
LOST Addict

Just have to let my mechanic have it for a day or two, so not too hard for me. :wink:

I'm probably actually going to get some ported and polished heads built with the 206 cams in them and get them swapped for the current heads. The current heads will end up being built for the short block sitting in my garage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:35 pm 
LOST Member

well i got the tb today and threw it on. It reall makes the old one look like crap. An i can tell a difference right out o th box too. Now i understand why the torque management is such a problem. so fixing it with a converter is next(i know about the flash just waiting until the new camshaft is in before i flash it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:18 pm 
LOST Addict

You can really feel the torque management kicking in once you start doing some good upgrades. Upgrading the torque converter won't fix the problem. It may actually make it a little worse. You'll need the B&G flash to fix it. A good combination of programming and upgrades will turn your Libby into a different vehicle. People I know with completely stock KJ's can't believe how much more power mine has than their's even with the lift and big heavy tires.

Here's where 4WD and Sport Utility dyno's a KJ with an upgraded air intake and muffler. Do you see the torque management kicking in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Of course, here's where you want your 3.7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:00 am 
LOST Member

i know.... i gotta get the flash done. but i want to wait until i have the rest of my parts so that i can have it turned for the parts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So would you say this is a good mod all around? I wont be doing the computer flash anytime soon just b/c of the price but that tax money coming needs to be spent on something.

I would like to get a scan-guage but Ive always wanted to get one of these.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I thought the consensus was that the Throttle Body didn’t do much for the KJ? Did anyone see a mpg increase by adding it? Has anyone had a before and after dyno performed with the spacer alone?

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:26 am 
LOST Addict

I don't think there have been any dyno runs done with the Fastman throttle body or a throttle body spacer. The general consensus is that people don't even perceive a difference with the TBS. The seat of the pants dyno says that the Fastman helps, but it is not a big difference. From my dyno runs, I know that my KJ ran at about 14.7 AFR at cruising RPMs, but richened up to 10.5-11.0 at WOT last time it was on the dyno. It gets even richer with a Jet Stage I. Therefore, a little more air flow at WOT should lean the mixture a little (still too rich though), and give a little more power. Mine is still running too rich. I need to either get it back on the dyno with the Fastman and send the B&G back for Dave to make an adjustment to get it at around 12.0-12.5 AFR at WOT, or go to the 206 cams and see where that puts me and get it adjusted from there if needed. I know there is a good 10-15 hp still in it if I get the AFR right with the way it's setup right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:00 pm 
LOST Member

well its been a week or so since the tb has been on and here are some results. keep in mind this is my opinion and not fact other than what i believe to be true.

now that ive has a few week for the com to learn how to drive agin with the tb i can definatlly tell theres a lot more power unlicked. The downside to it though is that i still need 4.10s or lower(i know that dont get any lower than 4.10.... at the moment but thats being worked on). The thing flys through the rpm's like no tommorow but the oversized lead bricks i have for tires combined with the torque management are the killers. It still does get a lot better pickup though.