It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: camshafts for 3.7L
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Can someone tell me where you are finding cams for the 3.7L. I've checked every cam manufacturer I can think of and no one has a listing. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:31 am 
LOST Addict

No one lists them. You can contact Dan at http://www.thefastman.com and order them through him though.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks, I was beginning to think I had imagined reading about cams on here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:19 pm 
LOST Addict

I got a quote from him on some 206's. They should really match up well to how I want to get mine. I'm going to order them in a few thousand more miles. I've got about 6500 miles until 80k, and they will be going in along with some new cats, and the JBA headers sitting in a box in my garage. I'm looking at getting some injectors for a 4.7 HO, and sending my B&G back for a little more customization too.

What setup are you going to build?

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I just want to do your standrd performance mods. headers and exhaust, throttle body, and cams if I can find the right grind. I looking to maxamize torque for off road. Probably have B&G reflash the ECU. Do you know how deep can they get into the ECU? Is there reprogramming ability limited to just engine control functions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:24 pm 
LOST Addict

Talk to Dan at thefastman.com. He does great throttle bodies, and can order cams for you. Sounds like you'll probably want some 200's. He also deals with B&G. Their standard flash will work with some mild cams, but they can also do custom flashes. You'll need to talk to JBA about the headers. You'll want some 4.10 gears. You should also look at your torque converter and valve body. There's plenty of room for improvement there too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:48 pm 
LOST Junkie

KY Liberty wrote:
I got a quote from him on some 206's. They should really match up well to how I want to get mine. I'm going to order them in a few thousand more miles. I've got about 6500 miles until 80k, and they will be going in along with some new cats, and the JBA headers sitting in a box in my garage. I'm looking at getting some injectors for a 4.7 HO, and sending my B&G back for a little more customization too.

What setup are you going to build?

how do they reflash your pcm without having your kj there to dyno it to get a base line of how it's running?

07' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4
Yeah it's got a hemi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:28 pm 
LOST Addict

They have standard flashes available that work well and have the adaptives still turned on so it will adjust to a good amount of range. They can also do custom work. I'll be doing before and after dynos with my upgrades, and hook up the notebook for some more readings. Then I'll send it back to them with that info if I need to have it adjusted. Right now it runs a little rich, so I may be able to just go with the cams, headers, and cats. We'll see. Should be cool though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:48 pm 
LOST Addict

How much $$ do the cams generally run for?

2003 Cactus Green Renegade w/ NP231 & NV3550
Al's 4th Gen UCAs
Custom 3.5" Lift
Rear DTT
Spidertraxed 245/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

i'm always looking for some more power?? same Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:10 pm 
LOST Addict

It can vary a few hundred depending on the grind, but average is probably about $750.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

How does the 3.7 respond to aftermarket cams. That's a pretty penny for cams are they worth that kind of investment? What profile would make for a good low-midraneg with a little more top end cam?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

slippi84 wrote:
How does the 3.7 respond to aftermarket cams. That's a pretty penny for cams are they worth that kind of investment? What profile would make for a good low-midraneg with a little more top end cam?
That is about on par with any custom ground cam.If you get a custom cam from Crane it's about $350,for one,and since the KJ's 3.7 needs 2 $750 is not bad at all.

How much HP you want depends on how big your wallet is,plan and simple,you want power it's going to cost you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:38 pm 
LOST Addict

tjkj2002 wrote:
slippi84 wrote:
That is about on par with any custom ground cam.If you get a custom cam from Crane it's about $350,for one,and since the KJ's 3.7 needs 2 $750 is not bad at all.

How much HP you want depends on how big your wallet is,plan and simple,you want power it's going to cost you.

Yeah, it's going to be expensive if you want a big difference. Also, there is no such thing as a cam that will increase low, mid, and high end power. You can go with some 200's for low, 206's for mid, or 212's for high. You'll at least want a standard B&G flash for the 200's or 206's, but a custom could help. The 212's will probably require custom programming. You'll need a higher stall for your torque converter with the 212's, and probably want a higher stall with the 206's. With any of them, you'll want an upgraded intake, throttle body, exhaust, and headers also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

tjkj2002 wrote:
slippi84 wrote:

I"m aware you have to pay to play but I have two other vehicles one is a fully built all motor eclipse and the other is a track only awd talon aiming fir 650whp with that. The jeep is my DD and is used to pull the track car. Not loooking for crazy top end just something that will pull in the midrange and not take away from the low end which you don't see in many aftermarket cams which is why I asked. If the stockers give me the best at that then I'll stick with them and just get a fastman tb and JBA shortys and call it a day.