It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jetchip anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:24 am 
LOST Member

Just found a site that has an aftermarket performance chip to add to the existing unit.
Anyone familiar with this one?

http://www.jetchip.com/

Light-Force 170's
3.7 Petrol / Auto
Sun Roof
Tow Pack,Scan GuageII
Reversing Camera
(pretty much stock, really)

Post subject: jet
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:03 pm 
LOST Member

I had a couple of the jet chips for 4.0 wranglers die out a few years ago. They would leave ya stranded until you pulled it back out. No super huge gains either. They also required running higher octane.

Travis

2006 Liberty Sport CRD new injection pump, new fuel head, waiting for #4 injector at the dealer...2 weeks and counting
1984 CJ8
1980 CJ7 runnin' on propane
1973 J4000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:33 pm 
LOST Member

hey im buying the jet chip stage 1 or something like that and i believe its newer and better, the one im buying doesnt require higher octane gas and the reviews on it were great not here at the house yet tho still shipping

MODS
Dual Sound System
Lighting 12" Sub and amp
Painted Exterior Trim (Flat Black)
Light Bar w/ 4 super sport lights
BVG Basket
VHT'D

Needs:
Lifted
Skids
Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:27 pm 
LOST Addict

Where did you find the great reviews on the stage 1 for the KJ? I've actually dyno'd the stage 1 on my 3.7 KJ. It made 5 peak rwhp less than the stock computer.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:36 am 
LOST Newbie

I just installed my flowmaster 40 series and my stage 2 chip and it def makes a difference. The jeep has better throttle response with a little bit of extra umph. Next mod for me will be JBA shorty headers and i'll probably call it day fo performance mods. I would reccomend this chip to anyone not looking to go all out with a B&G reflash(which by the way they say isn't great for towing and I plan on towing my track car with my liby).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:34 pm 
LOST Addict

Actually, B&G won't recommend using their flash while towing because of legal reasons. They sell their flash as "off road" because it may not pass emmissions testing everywhere. Since it allows more power to be produced, and more power to go through the drive train, the possibility of something breaking increases. They don't want someone suing them because they managed to break something by making more power. That being said, I can't tell you that you won't have any problems, but I have towed a filled 12 foot enclosed trailer 500 miles, part through the Smokey mountains, and didn't have any problems.

As for your seat of the pants power increase, it is probably the muffler for the largest part. The chip will change the shifts slightly, and may make a little more power in some areas. However, when I ran a Stage 1 on the dyno, which Jet has admitted to me that they have not done with a KJ and a 3.7, the computer compensated for the chip. It retarded the timing and and richened up the mix by about 0.5:1. That caused it to actually get about 5 hp less to the ground. I tried to work with them and give them the dyno results so they could reprogram the chip, but they were extremely rude to me. They instead told me that I could pay them another $400 and they would send me a custom chip that would work. They also claimed that they could make this custom chip without looking at the dyno results.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

KY Liberty wrote:
Actually, B&G won't recommend using their flash while towing because of legal reasons. They sell their flash as "off road" because it may not pass emmissions testing everywhere. Since it allows more power to be produced, and more power to go through the drive train, the possibility of something breaking increases. They don't want someone suing them because they managed to break something by making more power. That being said, I can't tell you that you won't have any problems, but I have towed a filled 12 foot enclosed trailer 500 miles, part through the Smokey mountains, and didn't have any problems.

As for your seat of the pants power increase, it is probably the muffler for the largest part. The chip will change the shifts slightly, and may make a little more power in some areas. However, when I ran a Stage 1 on the dyno, which Jet has admitted to me that they have not done with a KJ and a 3.7, the computer compensated for the chip. It retarded the timing and and richened up the mix by about 0.5:1. That caused it to actually get about 5 hp less to the ground. I tried to work with them and give them the dyno results so they could reprogram the chip, but they were extremely rude to me. They instead told me that I could pay them another $400 and they would send me a custom chip that would work. They also claimed that they could make this custom chip without looking at the dyno results.

Yeah I read about your experience with them and i'm glad that this thing isn't a dud cause I really don't want to have to deal with a warranty or performance issue with these guys. I did call once because it says they reccomend using a low temp t-stat with the stage 2 chip....funy thing is they only make them for models up to either 03 or 04 I forget which one and I have a 05. That lone lends me to believe that they dind't really do too much R&D with the liberty. To be honest though KY you and I are the exception more than the rule. I want to use my jeep as more of a corssover type vehicle that's performance oriented vs most guys/girls that use the liberty as a off road fun vehicle so the putting R&D into the platform for on road performance gains isn't ideal for most companies.

Anyway I agree some of what I"m feeling is the muffler but I now have intake a chip and the muffler and while the chip by itself doesn't do much I think that it made the intake and exhaust work better together and if I took it out and reset the computer I would lose a noticable amount of performance. I'm going to be getting jba shorty headers too soon so we'll see if that helps ouut even more after that. I might even take it to the dyno and see how much it makes.