It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3.7 Liter programmer?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just lifted my 05' KJ and added larger tires (going from 29" to 30.5"). Now I am looking for a way to recalibrate my speedo and odometer. I can't find any programmers in the aftermarket and was wondering if anybody could help me out.
Rosco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:05 pm 

There aren't any programmers for the KJ gasser, just the CRD. your options for performace are the JET chips (not to good either) or a custom flash. Search around in this forum for that company, I can't remember the name. As for updating the tire size, only the dealer can hook that up.

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:29 am 
LOST Member

..I believe the company doing the flashes is B & G Chrysler.. Try searching for that.

I would wreck Kate Hudson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:33 am 
LOST Addict

Here is the place to get programming for the 3.7.

http://www.bgperformancepcm.com/#jeep

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:04 pm 
LOST Junkie

Can't your local Chrysler/Jeep dealership do it for you for a fee?

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LibertyFever wrote:
Not to performance specs.

Post subject: I did find something!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

LibertyFever wrote:

I did find one after market product that can (according to what I have read, because I didn't have to try it) be used to correct the speedo on the KJ gasser. It is not a programmer, so you can't get all those added benefits offered by programmers. It is called the Accu-Speed, from Jet, the company that makes the performance chips. I had ordered one for my KJ (about $140), but I didn't have to use it, because the guy at the speed shop hooked me up and reprogrammed my Lib for free. Just google Jet to find their home page and you will be able to find it there if you are interested. Either way, I do appreciate the advice. Thanks for the help.

Rosco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:13 am 
LOST Addict

If all you want is the speedo to be correct with bigger tires, it is really easy. Here's what I did. I got the dealership to read the tire rotations per mile, drove at at 60 mph according to the speedo on flat highway, and noted the speed the GPS said I was actually going. Did a little simple math, and had them put the new tire rotations per mile into the computer. Done....Reads the same as the GPS now. If you want performance, you need to talk to B&G. As far as I know, there is no one besides me that has ever dyno'd a KJ 3.7 with and without a Jet chip, including Jet. My dyno numbers showed a loss of 5 rwhp with a Stage 1.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject: Craziness!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:34 am 
LOST Newbie

You lost HP with the chip! Did you return it or was the loss caused by the larger tires or something?
Rosco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:38 am 
LOST Addict

The only difference between runs was the chip. I offered to send the dyno sheets and chip back to them so it could be programmed correctly. They refused and said that I must have bought a defective chip off Ebay even after I told them I bought it brand new and still had the receipt. Then they told me that they could custom program a new chip for $400, which I would need since at the time I had the optional factory Mopar cat back exhaust and the optional factory K&N air filter. This is after they had told me the Stage 1 could even be used with up to a 50 hp shot of N2O. They also said they would not need the dyno sheets or anything to do this. They finally admiited to me that they had never tested it or dyno'd it with a 3.7, but it worked with other motors and I could check out a Dodge forum to see some praise from people with different vehicles and motors than what I had. I took the chip out and told them kiss my @55. As far as I know, they have still never dyno'd a chip with the 3.7 KJ. The only 3.7 numbers they have now are for a RAM and look like a 2nd gear run, with the stock run adjusted to put 80% of the factory claimed engine power to the ground. Then running the chip with the dyno set that way. The torque management wouldn't kick nearly as bad by doing it that way, but it is churching up the numbers. Then we started doing the N2O tuning. We found that no matter what you do, with the factory computer, you can't get more than about 215 rwhp out of the 3.7 KJ (Unless you church up the numbers of course). The computer just doesn't allow it. After getting a B&G aggressive flash tweaked to KRC's specs, the same 75 hp N2O settings made an extra 37 rwhp over the stock computer.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:17 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the info, you just saved me some cash, headaches, and frustration. Jet chip for my Lib is now crossed off the list.
Rosco

Post subject: Re: Thanks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:16 am 
LOST Junkie

Rosco wrote:
Thanks for the info, you just saved me some cash, headaches, and frustration. Jet chip for my Lib is now crossed off the list.
Rosco

Seconded.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/
http://www.jeepcommander.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thirded

apparently you have to call them to order the flash? guess it won't be another one of my 300 dollar after midnight OOoOo let's buy goodies moments :lol:

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:46 am 
LOST Junkie

I've heard of people with the JET chip saying it cooked there Tranny. Look around everything about them sounds like BS. What is B&G's Phone number? they wont respond to my e-mails.

I Know Where I'm From and I've Told Ya Before, North Of America Hard To Ignore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

(586) 758-2003 ext. 201

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject: