It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: faster?!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:15 am 
LOST Newbie

Ok, so my Liberty is not slow, but it is not fast either! I have a few questions... Haha.

--how do i disengage the limiter?
    --what mods can i add that are not going to cost me out the wazoo, and that will not cause trouble later on; they also add a fair amount of power.
    --is a new air intake, for the price, worth it?
    --does the borla catback exhaust system sound like the "redneck" trucks? You know, HUGEEEEE rumble.
    --is a throttle body spacer going to add ANYTHING at all?
    --is there such thing as a 4X4 conversion? I have a 4X2 right now, but could I get it converted to a 4X4?

i know it is a lot of questions! Thank you! :D

stock as of now, but won't be for long!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:37 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

100 is not fast enough where do you live that the speed limit allows you to go more than 70 :lol:
maybe you should just trade the KJ in and get what you want, since its never going to be fast, would take a lot of work to convert it to 4X4, unless you went SFA, best bet for a air intake is the stock box and a Amsoil filter, throttle body spacer does nothing on the 3.7 really,

yep from the way it sounds ...trade it :wink:
I am needing a 2 wheel drive Liberty for my next project anyways

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

on the + side
no front diff means it'd be easier to swap in a 4.7L (just find a crunched Grand -so you can pull parts)
and you can do the 'pre runner style and stack a spring and spacer lift for 5"+ lift (no CV's to worry about)
(just make sure the bumpstops are long enough - you can still kill struts)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

Haha, thanks guys, but Tommudd, there is no way that i am trading it. Haha, after building the 05, I couldn't. besides, even if i DID want to trade it, I still owe too much on it. I would end up losing money.

Anyway, i guess we won't get it any faster, but I am going to go ahead and convert it to 4X4 as soon as the warranty ends. That should be fun, haha.

Also, ATXKJ, could you further explain what you are talking about?

stock as of now, but won't be for long!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It's a Jeep,you want to go fast buy a sports car.

Converting from 2wd to 4wd will cost more then you'd loose in trade-in value on a 4wd.It's not just a simple slap a t-case and front diff in anymore,there is some electronic work that needs to be done or some safety factors will not be working correctly when converted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The reason KJ's are limited to 2 1/2" lifts is due to the CV angle on the front
no CV's - no limits due to CV's -
So you could stack 2 different kinds of lifts - a spring lift and a spacer lift and get ~5" or so.
now you'd have other problems that KJ's don't normally see - like rear suspension issues.

but you could have a 5" lifted KJ with bigger tires - with a rear end locker -you might be surprised at the trails you could run.

search on Swmpthg - he tried it for a while -but had problems and had to pull the lift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I cant figure out why you are asking questions about things your sig says are on your Jeep????

Only way that I know to get rid of the rev limiter is to buy a new/used computer for your liberty and have it shipped off to B&G chrysler. Gotta get the dealer to put your vin and sentry keys on the computer before shipping it off though.

With a good air intake, a new throttle body, B&G flash, 4:10 gears, and good exhaust, you would have a peppy Jeep.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster