It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Any more news on this for the '02's??

I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nope. No one has created a mock-up of one for the 02-04 yet. if anyone does, I will be happy to build it.

- DIY Franky sitting at 23.75" - Al's 4.5 UCAs - Trimmed F&R Bumpers
- Removed Rear Sway Bar - Removed Rear Vibration Damper
- 75k miles so far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LTT.. I need a new front scoop man.. how much for just that part? I broke mine all to heck putting in back in..

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:23 pm 
LOST Addict

I got nothing to do today, I'll see if I can mock something up.

I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:52 pm 
LOST Addict

Ok, so today I was out on the KJ with some cardboard trying to mock up the kit for the '02-'04 and I got some progress. Haven't gotten the back part yet because I was running out of light and I was a lil nervous about cutting that rubber piece behind the grill. lool
Here are some pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looking Good. 8)

- 75k miles so far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Tomorrow I'll probably either take off the rubber piece or just cut it so I can get the tube routing worked out better.

So if I get it all figured out to I get a free one? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:29 pm 
LOST Addict

Has anyone with the 05 fogs on the bumper installed one of these yet?
really interested.... just on the fence as of to whether or not it will work.

Dat no fair you no answer my question!... j/k

Last edited by riptricket on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LTT man.. Got 2 questions..

A: In Oklahoma it gets really cold in the winter should I just leave my CAI on or put my Stock Snorkel on? (Mention Pros/Cons because it does occasionally snow)

B: Does yours let bugs up into where the filter sits? Because my K/N is filthy..

Also just to let you know there is a major difference when running the CAI compared to the Stock intake.. It feels like I have a faster takeoff and more horse when I am running the CAI.. but when you put the Stock back on she feels sluggish..

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:51 pm 
LOST Addict

lil black liberty wrote:

A: In Oklahoma it gets really cold in the winter should I just leave my CAI on or put my Stock Snorkel on? (Mention Pros/Cons because it does occasionally snow)

B: Does yours let bugs up into where the filter sits? Because my K/N is filthy..

Also just to let you know there is a major difference when running the CAI compared to the Stock intake.. It feels like I have a faster takeoff and more horse when I am running the CAI.. but when you put the Stock back on she feels sluggish..

For B You should probably get those mesh grill inserts or make some out of gutter mesh stuff. to help prevent that.

Not sure about the cold and snow. Snow should be a problem cause it'll probably just melt and drop out of the drain holes at the bottom of the intake box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lil black liberty wrote:

A. I had mine on all winter, even thru the snow, sleet, ice and rain here in Fort Worth last winter and had no problems with it.

B. I have done the aluminum rain gutter mesh mod to my grill, so i have that as a screen in front of the scoop. If I just had the stock slotted grill insert, I am sure it would send more stuff into the box. But that is pretty easy to clean out IMO.

C. I have recently noticed the difference too. After the wreck in mine, I ran the stock intake configuration for a few weeks after getting it back from the body shop. My grill scoop got crunched in the wreck and I had to build a new one. My MPG went down with the stock setup. I reinstalled the LTT intake and MPG jumped back up 2 MPG.

D. For all of you 02-04 guys and gals, I have already modeled and sent the first one to Budke for test fit. Hope to hear how my interpretation of his cardboard and duct tape model turns out. Maybe later this week or this weekend.

- 75k miles so far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Okay then I will put it back on.. and yeah I know it's easy to clean out..

could someone give me a link to the aluminium mesh they used??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:01 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lil black liberty wrote:
Okay then I will put it back on.. and yeah I know it's easy to clean out..

could someone give me a link to the aluminium mesh they used??

I picked up some gutter screen from Lowes and trimmed it down to fit. Painted them black and then used some small, black, cable ties to hook them in.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That's what I want 501 but I can't find em at my lowes or any lowes I've been to, I ask em what I want and they look at me like duh..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lil black liberty wrote:
That's what I want 501 but I can't find em at my lowes or any lowes I've been to, I ask em what I want and they look at me like duh..

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and look in the roofing section. This stuff is by the rain gutter accessories. It is Rain gutter leaf guard. I looked on both Lowe's and Home Depot web sites, and the only one they list it the plastic one like this: http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Mater ... ogId=10053 But right beside the plastic stuf, they also have Aluminum leaf guard. It is 6" x 48" aluminum mesh. Maybe this will help you find it.

Here is a pic of mine. I painted it with the WalMart rattle-can bedliner spray. Regular spray paint kept getting gravel pecks. Bedliner seems to be staying coated great.:

- 75k miles so far...

Last edited by long_tall_texan on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:24 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Had the same problem with my hose.. I realized soon though if I moved it to the right just enough I could get my adapter on, also Budke looks like there needs to be two tabs on that bottom piece one up top left and one bottom left according to the picture.. other than that looks sweet man and I hope LTT has found a solution for the 02-04's... Also Budke don't know if you have a hose yet but Spectre Racing makes one you can pick up @ Autozone for $7.99 comes with the clamps and the hoses and sleeves.. at least mine did..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:05 am 
LOST Addict

Ok, for some reason gmail isn't sending the email i've been trying to send.
But I test fitted the scoop and the scoop fits good, it just needa a little indentation/cutout deal on the right side to clear the radiator support. And the airbox adapter ir probably going to need some hefty redesigning to clear some radiator hoses of some sort. Here are some pics. And there will need to be a tab put on to hold the scopp inplace because it won't stay in place on its own. If you need me to take some measurements just let me know and I will go take some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:57 am 
LOST Addict

lil black liberty wrote:
Had the same problem with my hose.. I realized soon though if I moved it to the right just enough I could get my adapter on, also Budke looks like there needs to be two tabs on that bottom piece one up top left and one bottom left according to the picture.. other than that looks sweet man and I hope LTT has found a solution for the 02-04's... Also Budke don't know if you have a hose yet but Spectre Racing makes one you can pick up @ Autozone for $7.99 comes with the clamps and the hoses and sleeves.. at least mine did..

LTT didn't find THE solution, but he did interprit my strang carbord adn duct tape mock up of it and made the prototype to send to me we're still workinf out some kings. we'll get it to work!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:57 am 
LOST Newbie

looks like you might be able to go a little bigger with the opening of the scoop on the first gen ones budke and LTT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:58 pm 
LOST Member

Would it be possible for this piece to point towards the fender instead of looping down? If so how much?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next