It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Arise Ye Olde Dead Threade!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What about for a manual tranny? Does the Dodge Dakota 4.7L come with a 6-speed manual tranny for any of the 2005 or later models?

Never mind.

EDIT: They did make the Dodge Dakota with a manual transmission for 2005 and 2006 but only with the standard output 4.7L and not the HO 4.7L.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Dakota

Would you need the same tranny as the Dakota or would the KJ 6-speed manual work?

Or would there be a better source truck to get a 4.7L engine to find for a 2005 KJ with 6-speed manual tranny? I'm not sure I have a clear picture how all the PCM/CAM/PCI/BGM stuff all fits together

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:39 am 
LOST Member

you can use a ax-15 to it will bolt right in just need to get past the neutal safty switch and if you have a 02-03 there is some that have the wireing in them for a stick most stick libby when over seas I am looking at a 318 swape and I have the wieing all work out just need stuff off a 2002 ram ECM done to the tranny switch and send it off to be wired in to a libby wireing harnes just need to get the motor in the jeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

have you asked B&M performance if they could do the flashing and what not for the modifications you're looking at?

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:50 am 
LOST Member

no I called painless and they have a guy that dose the custom work and they flash it and get it ready to go come highly regarded in this mod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

gotcha gotcha :)

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:25 am 
LOST Member

I just need to start working on my speedo but I think tjkj has gave me the fix to it just need a t case now then I can start puting it in and start cut with the hot knife get off all IFS that sucks so much

Post subject: Re: 4.7 V8 Liberty
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

would i have to upgrade from rancho struts and shocks to ome

2002 Jeep Liberty KJ 245/75R16 BFG Tread Write MTGs OME / rancho lift
1999 Dodge Durango SXT 4X4V8
2012 Dodge Journey SXT 3.6 V6
South Florida Jeep Club (SFJC) Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm working on the 4.7 swap now, in my 04 5spd, needs dakota/durango motor mounts, I got the complete wire harness working on getting an ECM from a manual Dakota/Durango and slimmer fan, I'll post more as I'm going

31x10.5 Firestone A/T's
K&N Intake
Flow master super 44
Airaid TB spacer
Cobra CB
ARB Locker(Rear, not installed)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LiboKJ42 wrote:
I'm working on the 4.7 swap now, in my 04 5spd, needs dakota/durango motor mounts, I got the complete wire harness working on getting an ECM from a manual Dakota/Durango and slimmer fan, I'll post more as I'm going

pix's?????
wiring diagrams???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yeah Id be very interested in seeing a v8 KJ!

Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wiring diagram = wire harness from donor vehicle, and I have to up load them to photobucket and I'll share the link

31x10.5 Firestone A/T's
K&N Intake
Flow master super 44
Airaid TB spacer
Cobra CB
ARB Locker(Rear, not installed)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

LiboKJ42 wrote:

Finally saw someone who is actually working on this. VERY interested, only not for the same reasons as most. I have a 2006 Jeep liberty CRD with a fried #2 cylinder. The motors are expensive and hard to find, dealer quoted about $7800 to replace. I am wondering if it would be cheaper and better for the long run, such as avaiability and replacement cost, to put in a 4.7L. I have all the beef to handle the motor, 545RFE tranny, the upgraded axle, driveline, etc. I even already have a heavy duty Old Man Emu suspension lift to handle the weight in the front. I am just trying to make sure this swap makes sense dollars and cents wise and fit.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dansscout350 wrote:
LiboKJ42 wrote:

Finally saw someone who is actually working on this. VERY interested, only not for the same reasons as most. I have a 2006 Jeep liberty CRD with a fried #2 cylinder. The motors are expensive and hard to find, dealer quoted about $7800 to replace. I am wondering if it would be cheaper and better for the long run, such as avaiability and replacement cost, to put in a 4.7L. I have all the beef to handle the motor, 545RFE tranny, the upgraded axle, driveline, etc. I even already have a heavy duty Old Man Emu suspension lift to handle the weight in the front. I am just trying to make sure this swap makes sense dollars and cents wise and fit.

It would cost you alot more $$$ to do a 4.7 swap as you have a CRD,much more parts to buy to convert to run on gas.You missing some big items like fuel pump and the correct fuel lines(the 4.7 will use the same fuel line hook up as the gas KJ).You'd also most likely need to get a 3.7 cradle for the correct motor mount locations and to move the front diff back over which would mean new CV axles also.Trans mods would need to be done also,a new TC would be needed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:51 pm 
LOST Junkie

So I just read through this entire thread about putting in a 4.7L my question is why a 4.7L? Why not a late model Chevy 4.8/5.3/6.0L (Even local wreckers here have them between 1500-3k with a transmission on them) for all the work you would need to put into it you could gut the entire OE wiring harness(Hell leave the BCM and just run a new custom gauge cluster), and run a full Hotrod style wiring harness for the basic stuff (Lights,Gauges etc...) and a Megasquirt or equivalent (or an custom ECU from Wayne Hartwig etc..) to standalone the motor. Sure you would still be in the same 7-10k hole financially at the end, but then you would have a ton more options when it comes to Engine/Transmission upgrades down the road.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RED_KJ_666 wrote:
So I just read through this entire thread about putting in a 4.7L my question is why a 4.7L? Why not a late model Chevy 4.8/5.3/6.0L (Even local wreckers here have them between 1500-3k with a transmission on them) for all the work you would need to put into it you could gut the entire OE wiring harness(Hell leave the BCM and just run a new custom gauge cluster), and run a full Hotrod style wiring harness for the basic stuff (Lights,Gauges etc...) and a Megasquirt or equivalent (or an custom ECU from Wayne Hartwig etc..) to standalone the motor. Sure you would still be in the same 7-10k hole financially at the end, but then you would have a ton more options when it comes to Engine/Transmission upgrades down the road.

because its a jeep engine and its basically the same engine only biger so almost every thing should be plug and play

2002 Jeep Liberty KJ 245/75R16 BFG Tread Write MTGs OME / rancho lift
1999 Dodge Durango SXT 4X4V8
2012 Dodge Journey SXT 3.6 V6
South Florida Jeep Club (SFJC) Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

kingjeep wrote:
RED_KJ_666 wrote:

because its a jeep engine and its basically the same engine only biger so almost every thing should be plug and play

yup it would be if you consider changing out an entire vehicle harness plug and play (Remember to make this work on an 03+ you need to swap to the 02 tranny which requires that and it's wiring as well), it's an easy swap in theory but not so much a practical swap if you look at the dollars and cents of doing the job right and weighing it against what you get in return it really doesn't add up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RED_KJ_666 wrote:
kingjeep wrote:
RED_KJ_666 wrote:

yup it would be if you consider changing out an entire vehicle harness plug and play (Remember to make this work on an 03+ you need to swap to the 02 tranny which requires that and it's wiring as well), it's an easy swap in theory but not so much a practical swap if you look at the dollars and cents of doing the job right and weighing it against what you get in return it really doesn't add up.

Big problem here in the states is a legal one as most will have some sort of inspections or emission testing.Gotta have that OBDII port in the original spot and functional.

The BCM will not work right without inputs from the PCM/TCM so you'd pretty much loose everything and have to hardwire everything to use a non-MOPAR engine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:22 pm 
LOST Junkie

I never even thought about emissions and all that other BS you guys have to go through, Move to Canada we don't give a crap about all that BS Unless you are in Ontario, or BC in which case you're screwed. :BANANA:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No emissions testing/vehicle inspections in Kansas. We had it for a couple years in the 80's but all it was was a way for auto mechanics to rip off customers. So the law was repealed.

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

LiboKJ42 wrote:
Wiring diagram = wire harness from donor vehicle, and I have to up load them to photobucket and I'll share the link

any updates on the engine swap ? link to pics ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next