It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: B&G PCM?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

Im ready to start modding my wife's liberty and from what I can gather I want to do the pcm first. I cannot seem to get in touch with anyone @ B&G though, after numerous voice mails I still cant get anywhere. Do any of you guys have a better way to contact them?

The main thing I cannot tolerate about this vehicle is the ESP and torque mgmt system! This system totally kills the fun-factor of the vehicle and will not keep this jeep if I cant get rid of it. More performance is always a plus, but before I go any further I want the torque mgmt gone.

Thanks in advance for any info. You all have a lot of very useful info in these forums!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

for the ESP, the only thing we have figured out so far is to pull the fuse, for ESP / ABS. as for as programming, wouldnt you want to modify your motor before reprogramming it? theres one guy on here (KYliberty i beleive) thats done some performance mods, a fastman ported throttle body, intake exhaust and wht not. check with him. but it seems to me a reflash on a stock motor would be pretty useless?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

from the way most talk, with stock programming you can mod all you want and the stock programming compensates for everything through the torque management

so if thats the case, the flash which axes the torque management would be a reasonable place to start

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

I never tried pulling the fuse, I will try that. Still doesnt solve the torque mgmt issue. Thanks for the input!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

KJ kyle wrote:
for the ESP, the only thing we have figured out so far is to pull the fuse, for ESP / ABS. as for as programming, wouldnt you want to modify your motor before reprogramming it? theres one guy on here (KYliberty i beleive) thats done some performance mods, a fastman ported throttle body, intake exhaust and wht not. check with him. but it seems to me a reflash on a stock motor would be pretty useless?

That's why I would like to talk to whoever does the tuning @ B&G. I had a ford expedition with troyerperformance tuning that ran exceptionally well with a few common bolt-ons. Intake, exhaust,coils, e-fans, etc.