It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:55 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lil black liberty wrote:
I see brother.. anyways... back to the topic.. Is there a way to get more power out of a 2WD other than what I have already done.. and don't say the old engine swap lol.. I'd really like to not get stuck all the time when it's muddy..

Well there is the PCM flash, bigger cam, if you plan to go bigger (than stock) tires you could always re gear to 4.10s KY Liberty has a huge list of things done to his liberty. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=16538 Even has NOS :shock: Not that NOS would help on the trails :lol: :lol: :lol:. Hate to say it but deep mud and big rocks stand in our way unless you lock the rear, but even then. We are only capable of so much. I'm still not completely sure of its capabilities. But for sure looking to find out :twisted: :twisted:

91 XJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:11 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I know about Deep Mud.. dude I buried my poor KJ down to the rear axle.. the exhaust was so far in the mud when I started it up to get it out it was coming back out of the engine bay but that was in 07 this is 09 now..

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

used to run around in friends a 2wd (limited slip) gmc jimmy quite a bit, it was definatly not a 4x4, but with finesse and a bit of careful treading you could do quite well, i only remember getting it stuck once, and my bronco II 4x4 almost got stuck pulling it out

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jeepin all I must say is Pipe Wrench!

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Personally I consider anyone who is an enthusiast a Jeeper. If you love your jeep, want to learn all about it, take care of it, want to improve it, etc, then you you're ok by me.

Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks for the support and input. Out of the 280 something views and a hand full of replies...... i guess i was expecting more???

91 XJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:55 pm 
LOST Addict

Cali KJ wrote:
Thanks for the support and input. Out of the 280 something views and a hand full of replies...... i guess i was expecting more???

Hate it when that happens.....a ton of views and a few replies... :roll:

2015 KL Limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:10 pm 
LOST Addict

:lol: yep happens all of the time.... the worst thing that can happen is when you post, the thread dies :shock: .... then you get labeled a THREAD KILLER :shock: :shock: :twisted: :lol:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Diggerfreek wrote:
:lol: yep happens all of the time.... the worst thing that can happen is when you post, the thread dies :shock: .... then you get labeled a THREAD KILLER :shock: :shock: :twisted: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've been called worse :shock: :shock:

91 XJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:51 pm 
LOST Addict

Cali KJ wrote:
Diggerfreek wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've been called worse :shock: :shock:

oh yeah, been there done that :twisted: :lol:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:25 pm 
LOST Member

mine is unofficially a 2 wheel drive right now. stupid front drive shaft is off because when my wife bought it she didn't think to look underneath and check for it. she put it in 4x4 low to make sure the tc went into low and back into high but never got underneath it so it came with no front driveshaft.

its cool though, i have had tons of 2x4 jeeps and loved them as much as i loved the 4x4 ones. when i take long trips i wish mine did not have the 4x4 stuff on it because the mileage on this is terrible compared to my cherokee and grand cherokees. it gets about the same as my old commanche on the highway and in town which is not very impressive.

the guy who made the jackass comments in the upper part of this thread needs to grow up a little and learn that jeep people are of all kinds and jeep has sold more 2 wheel versions then 4 wheel of all models other then the wrangler styles. if they only sold 4x4 they would have lost tons of sales because alot of people like the look of jeeps but have no use for 4x4 and would've went elsewhere if they couldn't get 2x4. i did mods to my grand cherokee and that thing never left the highway. transfer case swap, front axle swap, replace all the 4x4 stuff in the front and never did it get used. i had it in case we ever needed it when we traveled to the carolinas to see family. same as with this liberty. if we ever need it, it'll be there but us just going off road for the fun of it is not going to happen here on the beach. we lost a lifted isuzu trooper2 to the beach and rust so no other vehicle i have owned since then has been in the sand.

op: you keep your 2x4 and enjoy the hell out of it. its as much of a jeep as any of our 4x4 models and you only need 4x4 when you are stuck, most of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dude fell asleep in his truck at CB this weekend, tide came in and went back out, dang things rear axle was buried hehe, another guy decided to cross the wash and hit a hole, buncha people walked up and picked it up and moved it before one of the ccor guys could get his winch line to it :P

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:32 pm 
LOST Member

dang, that dud was lucky all those people were there. that happened to me here when i was in high school. water washed out the sand under the truck and sat it on the bumpers. really sucked