It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: For us 2wd owners...
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just wanted to know how many of us 2wd owners actually get out and wheel them?

91 XJ

Post subject: Re: For us 2wd owners...
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cali KJ wrote:

if you only have 2wd nothing you do can be called wheeling and you are not real jeepers you are posers especaly if you try to go off road

2002 Jeep Liberty KJ 245/75R16 BFG Tread Write MTGs OME / rancho lift
1999 Dodge Durango SXT 4X4V8
2012 Dodge Journey SXT 3.6 V6
South Florida Jeep Club (SFJC) Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

WOOOOOW take it easy there tuff guy!!!! Ok let me refraze this. How many actually get theres out on the trail? Surprisingly enough they do rather well out on the trail.

91 XJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:43 pm 
LOST Addict

Wow :shock:

any way, there are a few 4x2 owners on here the are locked that do quite well

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

you know plenty of people will say the same thing just because its a liberty 4wd or not..... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Diggerfreek wrote:
Wow :shock:

any way, there are a few 4x2 owners on here the are locked that do quite well

I figured there were, just curious. :)

91 XJ

Post subject: Re: For us 2wd owners...
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

kingjeep wrote:
Cali KJ wrote:

if you only have 2wd nothing you do can be called wheeling and you are not real jeepers you are posers especaly if you try to go off road

Lame statements. :roll:
So when I can do a "tough" trail in 2wd it isn't wheeling? I have seen properly driven, locker equipped 2wd's go places that some 4wd owners wouldn't try.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ok i will admit i have done plenty of trails in 2 wheel drive but i dont consider that wheeling that is tral riding. but if i get in to some sand i can throw it into 4wheel drive and get out with out any help i have also been pulled out by other jeeps wehen i was burred up to my bumper.

i live in south fl and i get a lot of crap becouse pepole think i have a 2wd jeep beocuse most kjs her are i dont like that fact that jeep even maks 2wd and dont think any real jeeper would ever buy one im sorry if that offends you but that is what maks a jeep a jeep

do you 2wd guys like spinners on your jeep too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:11 pm 
LOST Addict

Who is to say what make a jeep a jeep? So is only getting 2 to 14 mpg make a jeep a jeep? I bet the 4x2 get ell over 20 in the city and in today's age, MPG seem to be a determining force....Or what about the KA Nitro? Both the KK and KK share the same basic unibody as the KJ has and the only difference mechanically between the KA and KK is the KA has a single speed t case? So since the dodge has 4x4 and shares parts with a jeep, does that make the KA a Jeep??

Any way to each their own..... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Diggerfreek wrote:
Who is to say what make a jeep a jeep? So is only getting 2 to 14 mpg make a jeep a jeep? I bet the 4x2 get ell over 20 in the city and in today's age, MPG seem to be a determining force....Or what about the KA Nitro? Both the KK and KK share the same basic unibody as the KJ has and the only difference mechanically between the KA and KK is the KA has a single speed t case? So since the dodge has 4x4 and shares parts with a jeep, does that make the KA a Jeep??

Any way to each their own..... :roll:

is a toyota a lexus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:20 pm 
LOST Addict

As long as people get out and have fun in their Jeep, who cares if it is 2wd or 4? Any trail riding is wheeling. If you can't see that, you have the problem, not the guy in 2wd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:22 pm 
LOST Addict

yep, and don't for get to add scion to the list..... what it comes down to is the sharing of technology....

Trying to fight over whether 4x4 or 4x2 is better is stupid... it's like trying to fight over whether ford or chevy is better :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:46 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

kingjeep wrote:
dont think any real jeeper would ever buy one im sorry if that offends you but that is what maks a jeep a jeep

no spinners, but it does have a this....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:31 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

kingjeep wrote:
i dont like that fact that jeep even maks 2wd and dont think any real jeeper would ever buy one im sorry if that offends you but that is what maks a jeep a jeep

Do you really even know the history about Willys/ Jeep and 2 wheel drive models? Lets see keeping it brief, Willys built a ton of cars and thats how they got into building "some" of the first Willys later to become Jeep. They made lots of 2 wheel drives over the years from mail Jeeps to pickups to the Jeepster all two wheel drive. Jeep has quite a bit of history producing them ( two wheel drives) . So now any Jeep that is not 4 WD is not really a Jeep?
I always like to hear people say that , it just shows they know nothing about the history of Jeep

Oh well, if anyone wants to go with me some time bring it on in 2 wheel drive, see how you do, but if get stuck I won't push :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bet you do not know about Wilifong Jeepster either :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

kingjeep wrote:

i live in south fl and i get a lot of crap becouse pepole think i have a 2wd jeep beocuse most kjs her are

I understand how that may be annoying but you are no different from those that give you crap and hell about your Jeep. Honestly there are some circumstances that compel a buyer to go with a 4x2 or a 4x4 (Talking from experience). This does not not make anyone less of a wheeler, unless they are interested in making their jeep a bling bling auto. 4x2 or 4x4 it does not matter, wheeling is about getting out there and having fun with other that share the same passion for wheeling. At least this is what I grew up thinking and believing wheeling was about not about whether your vehicle is a 4x4 or 4x2.

Sky Slider Full Open Roof
Chrome mirrors
Chrome Door Handles
Magnaflow Muffler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

kingjeep wrote:
ok i will admit i have done plenty of trails in 2 wheel drive but i dont consider that wheeling that is tral riding. but if i get in to some sand i can throw it into 4wheel drive and get out with out any help i have also been pulled out by other jeeps wehen i was burred up to my bumper.

i live in south fl and i get a lot of crap becouse pepole think i have a 2wd jeep beocuse most kjs her are i dont like that fact that jeep even maks 2wd and dont think any real jeeper would ever buy one im sorry if that offends you but that is what maks a jeep a jeep

Not flaming a Newb here but..Spinners on a Jeep? Are you serious?? I think you may want this forum: http://www.cadillacforums.com/ :lol: As a 2WD Jeeper who likes to run trails I know from experience just because it's a 2WD don't mean that you can go places that a 4wd can like mid hard to extreme level trails. 2WD is just that 2 wheels but I will tell you there are some on this board that takes offense to what you said, and since I can't flame you for being a newb I will say this, they do make a thing called spell check, and I would recommend you using one and maybe people on here would respect your thoughts more, but don't hate on the 2WD's because they are what they are. :P :P

PS.. if you don't like a 2WD they always make a 4WD Jeep or better yet they do make other Makes/Models of vehicles. :shock:

EDIT: Also to answer the question CaliKJ I do.. my 2wd loves Forest Trails but I gotta learn to stay far....far...far...away from Mud! :lol:

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I had no idea this was going to cause so much friction. Being how i was given such a warm welcome in the So-Cal club regardless of 4 or 2wd. I gotta say i love to get the jeep dirty. But i can only think because of the way this post went from a harmless question of who wheels/trail rides there 2wd and get slammed for asking. What newbies don't post up there question because of things like this? A jeeps a jeep! One persons neg. opinion on 2wds makes me want to get out and see what this thing can really do :twisted: :twisted:

91 XJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cali KJ wrote:
I had no idea this was going to cause so much friction. Being how i was given such a warm welcome in the So-Cal club regardless of 4 or 2wd. I gotta say i love to get the jeep dirty. But i can only think because of the way this post went from a harmless question of who wheels/trail rides there 2wd and get slammed for asking. What newbies don't post up there question because of things like this? A jeeps a jeep! One persons neg. opinion on 2wds makes me want to get out and see what this thing can really do :twisted: :twisted:

Cali Kj I wasn't slamming you bro, I was telling King Jeep... in fact I stated I love taking my KJ 2wd on Forest Trails

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lil black liberty wrote:
Cali KJ wrote:

Cali Kj I wasn't slamming you bro, I was telling King Jeep... in fact I stated I love taking my KJ 2wd on Forest Trails

I didn't take it as YOU slamming me at all lbl. That part goes to the young man at the beginning of this post. I'm not one to hold a grudge, so lets get back to the topic here :lol: :lol: :lol:

91 XJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I see brother.. anyways... back to the topic.. Is there a way to get more power out of a 2WD other than what I have already done.. and don't say the old engine swap lol.. I'd really like to not get stuck all the time when it's muddy..