It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fog Light Kit?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I know Mopar offers the whole kit with switch included for a crazy high price! So I thought if I got the wiring harness for my sport and got some fog lamps from a friend I have a rocker switch would it be plug n play for the wiring harness to the lamps and then do a direct wire to the rocker switch? If I do this should I put an inline fuse or put a fuse in the fuse box?

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:46 pm 
LOST Member

I have installed the Mopar fog light kit in my KJ. It really didn't cost too much (about $150). I assume that the harness would work with aftermarket lights if you added the proper connectors. What you would not have is the replacement light switch stalk that comes in the kit and has the built in fog light switch. If you don't have this then I cannot see why you would need to bother with the harness. Just wire the lights through a relay to the battery and run an aftermaket switch to your instrument panel. Put a fuse (15 amp) on the power wire to the battery.