It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New muffler cut in. 02 Renny
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:59 am 
LOST Newbie

Went with a Spintech Muffler, pt#6334. 2.5 in/out offset/offset. The install was straight forward. Sawzall the tailpipe just behind the expansion point behind the muffler. I have no idea why they use 2.5 inch pipe, but neck it down to 2" at the muff. Place a jackstand under the muffler and cut the two bolts at teh flange. Cut the flange off the muffler just forward of the weld. Clean up the flange and weld it to a 24" stick of 2.5 pipe. The side to weld onto the flange is the 2.5" i.d.. Be sure to the flange is square to the pipe. Next, put clamps on the muffler and place muffler onto the tailpipe. Snug the clamp once you get the tailpipe and muffler ssquare and in the correct position. Next, hold the front flanges together, and mark the rear of the pipe where it needs to be cut. Slide everything together, tighten clamps and bolts. Don't forget to tighten the rear clamp again. I also placed a small bead of weld on the tailpipe.

Total time was 1 hr, including the 15 minutes to wait for the flange weld to cool.

It sounds distinctly different from my 05 Libby with the magnaflow on it. The Spintech has a more "raw" sound to it.

Sorry, I did not take pics. I will try to take a pic tonight of the finished install.

Husq 335 XPT, trail saw, modded