It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What a long day
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have almost 115,000 miles on my jeep.

Today i replaced the Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Oil, Oil filter, PCV Valve, transmission fluid, engine coolant.

I went to remove the PCV valve and it broke in half, i was merely trying to check to see what shape it was in. guess i need a new one now anyways LOL! i then went to check the throttle body and it was caked with grease/oil. I removed the throttle body and cleaned the heck out of it.

Whats irritating is this. i bought my liberty in Feb of 2010 from the Jeep dealership, he then proceeded to tell me i had a 1 year limited warranty on the engine. they told me they had to replace the motor. the one they put into the jeep had 60,000 miles on it i believe and the body had 88,000.

Its been a little under a year and i'm finding crap in the throttle body???? Do they not check what shape the engine is in before they put it in the car??

i do every oil change at 3000 miles exactly. i use high mileage synthetic blend oil (started that once that when the engine hit 75k)

Post subject: Re: What a long day
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Beckon wrote:
i then went to check the throttle body and it was caked with grease/oil. I removed the throttle body and cleaned the heck out of it.

Its been a little under a year and i'm finding crap in the throttle body???? Do they not check what shape the engine is in before they put it in the car??

i do every oil change at 3000 miles exactly. i use high mileage synthetic blend oil (started that once that when the engine hit 75k)

It's not your oil or even how often you change it that effects that carbon buildup in your intake and TB.That buildup is 100% normal on any modern multi port FI engine due to being a "dry intake" and requires yearly cleaning.

Post subject: Re: What a long day
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:17 pm 
LOST Member

wow, ive actually never checked mine on the jeep. better get to that today and clean it out. although at one point i had like an 8 year old maxima and took it all apart to clean and there wasnt really anything to clean. I would have thought the same as you and been surprised to see it with so much buildup/