It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bad harmonic balancer??
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

At idle my engine shakes, if im in the jeep i can feel vibrations through the steering wheel. It should not be related to ignition (i.e Spark Plugs) because those have been changed 2000 miles ago.

As far as Engine mounts go, i'd assume the dealership replaced those when they swapped engines....i've yet to check them

I purchased the jeep in january of 2010, they told me that they had just put in a used engine with 60,000 miles on it because jiffy lube did not put oil in it and decided to start it up, the previous owner sold it to the dealership with a bad engine.

I hear noise coming from the front end, like a pulley and when i look under the car i can see the harmonic balancer wobbling abit. not to mention an intermittent tapping sound coming from the left lower side of the block.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7
Mileage on the body 116k
Miles on Engine Unknown but around or below 100k.
No Engine Light or flipped codes

I shouldnt be dealing with this crap a year later should i???

Edit: In dec of 2010 a coolant line was somehow severed buy the belt system on the jeep which caused coolant to spray all over the belt assembly while driving, my jeep was still rolling and when i tried to give it gas while in drive, the rpms jump but the speed did not increase. could this have affected my timing and or caused an issue? the dealership said the inspected and fixed everything