It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transmission cooler?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

So I bought "about ten minutes ago" a transmission cooler from Jeeping By AL and while reading i believe i read that the transmission cooler is in the radiator is this true? I have an 05 lib with the 42RLE. I bought the transmission cooler because i have over heated the transmission before and didnt want it to happen again. :?:
I have just now started to play with my jeep for the fact that i just got it payed off :)

Last edited by UtahBoy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Transmission cooler?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

Some do Some don't from what I have seen, My replacement rad has the ports for it but my KJ came with a trans cooler in front of the rad. If your KJ has it in the Rad the inlet/outlet ports will be in the passenger side tank hope that helps.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 am 
LOST Junkie

Even if there is one fitted in the radiator, it doesn't hurt to mount another. Quite a few of the Australians have done this to cope with their conditions when out touring.

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

UtahBoy wrote:
So I bought "about ten minutes ago" a transmission cooler from Jeeping By AL and while reading i believe i read that the transmission cooler is in the radiator is this true? I have an 05 lib with the 42RLE. I bought the transmission cooler because i have over heated the transmission before and didnt want it to happen again. :?:
I have just now started to play with my jeep for the fact that i just got it payed off :)

Only KJ's with the 45RFE have the in-radiator trans cooler.All other KJ's have a stand alone cooler.The best setup is to run a '02 KJ radiator and mod the cooler lines to run through the radiator cooler then to a AUX stand alone cooler.