It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:20 pm
Posts: 18
does anyone have any experience with these tuners on the 3.7?

http://www.hypertech.com/products-results.aspx

_________________
2004 jeep liberty 3.7l
general grabber at2
K&n cold air intake
dynomax cat back exhaust
front tow hooks
hitch with D ring shackle
LED interior
Pioneer speaker upgrade
some skids
alpine head unit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:24 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:21 pm
Posts: 71
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
Well Well...Hypertech has gotten on line with the 3.7L.

My experience with Hypertech Programmers is with a 03' Chevrolet Silverado.
In addition to the programmer I had the following upgrades:
K&N FPIK Cold air intake
JBL Headers
Magnaflow High flow CATS
Gibson Side sweep Exahust
Granatelli Mass airflow sensor
TBS-Throttle Body Spacer by Airaid
Throttle body was ported to 70mm

The gains I saw were Very Quick throttle responses and a higher top end. The Programmer helped to sync all of it up, and with bigger tires used it to program the speedometer variances. I never put it on a dyno, however, I did smoke a few mustangs...all while rolling 35's :goink:

I don’t know if this will do the same, but it is a flash programmer rather than an interrupter such as the Jet Chip. I am interested to see if similar gains could be seen in the Liberty as most of the above upgrades are available to the jeep. I did however read that the Headers may not be produced any longer:?:

I am a big fan of naturally aspirated vehicles, the more power we can juice from the motor itself the better, less crap to go wrong or belts to hassle with.

Did I mention this was only the Chevrolet 4.3L V6...So I was impressed with the upgrades...moreover how the Tuner helped to improve and make it all work in concert...

Here was my prior vehicle:
Image

Image

Image

_________________
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~Winston Churchill
-----------------------------------
~ROM~ FEB 2012
2006 Jeep Liberty
150K Club
JBA 2.5in Lift, ARB Bumper, 245/75R16 BFG TA/KO2, Black Rock Rims. More to come...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:04 am
Posts: 824
Location: Canada
I will have one next week, stay tuned for a review.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:37 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Lumby,BC,Canada
So whats the Results? Are you happy with it?

_________________
No Drugs, No Bottle, Just Balls and Throttle!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:52 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:24 pm
Posts: 132
Any updates??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:04 am
Posts: 824
Location: Canada
It's still at work I just replaced a water pump,pressure tank,and rad hoses So I haven't tested it yet. I cracked the coolant tank and she all came apart lol. I should have the $$$ for it again soon enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:23 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:17 am
Posts: 300
Location: Tucson, AZ
Hypertech only shows this to be available for 3.7L Liberty's for model year 2004 and later. Does that mean it's only compatible for later PCMs?

I have a 2003 and believe the PCM is a JTEC. Maybe the Hypertech tuner is only for the newer "next generation controller" NGC PCM?

_________________
2003 Liberty, ARB bumper w fogs and KC SlimLites
Front Franky II HD, rear OME948 w Rancho RS9000/XL shocks
LT245/75R16C Duratracs on Moabs
4.10 gears, front & rear ARB lockers, Boulder Bars, AFE Stage 2 intake
Surco rack w BajaRack jerry can holder
Cobra 75 WX ST

06 LJ Rubi, 3.5" RE SA and 33" BFG KM2s, GenRight tank


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:37 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:51 am
Posts: 268
Draco wrote:
Hypertech only shows this to be available for 3.7L Liberty's for model year 2004 and later. Does that mean it's only compatible for later PCMs?

I have a 2003 and believe the PCM is a JTEC. Maybe the Hypertech tuner is only for the newer "next generation controller" NGC PCM?


Here's the response from Hypertech that I got when I asked a similar question:

Quote:
The vehicles computers are different on the earlier models. We do not have a tuning device for this make and model, we may eventually but no word as to when at this time. We will not know the availability for a new application until a week or so prior to the release. I've entered your contact information so you'll be notified once ready. Thanks



Jim

_________________
2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition
3.7L 5 speed manual
OME 927/948 w/Bilsteins
245/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:24 pm
Posts: 132
Any feedback on this yet??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:28 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
I recently purchased a hypertech tuner and honestly there's no way I'd pay full price for one. I got mine for just a little over half price. Throttle response is better as is the upper end (hardly noticable) but I hardly ever get over 3k rpms. No transmission changes, absolutely no changes in the lower rpms (ie, cruising at 60mph on rolling hills), and you cannot change tire sizes. I cannot comment on any increase in mpg yet. It was 70F when I flashed it and the next day the temps dropped to the 30's. Mpg has always dropped when the temps drop. Currently getting 18 average.

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:10 am
Posts: 643
Location: Virginia Beach
I have it and put the program in a week and a half ago. It definitely made a difference. The tranny isn't so quick to go to the next gear now and bog. There is more get up and go from a dead stop. If I had the stock tires on it would have easily broke the tires loose. I noticed that it was a bit easier at highway speed to pass people. My MPG's are hugely improved. I made it to 212 miles by the time I hit half a tank on the highway. On a return trip I was going hard and still squeaked 200 miles on half a tank. I am content with it. I'll see how mileage is another time when I head up to Boston.

_________________
Originally Posted by m_volyrakis
"I recently removed my girlfriend.
Although this mode didn't affect my ground clearance, it drastically improved my off-road capabilities!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:41 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 392
Location: Levittown, NY
I am actually selling my JET Stage 2 Performance chip for the 2002+ 3.7 if anyone is interested.
I had it on my jeep but then took it off because I was going to sell my KJ.

PM me if your interested.

It had a much quicker throttle response and a bit more acceleration.

_________________
-Jeep by Al's Upper A-Arms
-ARB Bumper
-IPF Aux lights
-Frankenlift 2 Premium (OME all four corners)
-General Grabber AT2
-All J Products Rock Rails
-Hidden Hitch W/D ring
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-Airade Throttle Body Spacer
-Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler
-Jet Performance Stage 2 Chip
-3" striaght pipe off the muffler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:12 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:38 am
Posts: 358
Location: Troy, Ohio
wheeee32 wrote:
I have it and put the program in a week and a half ago. It definitely made a difference. The tranny isn't so quick to go to the next gear now and bog. There is more get up and go from a dead stop. If I had the stock tires on it would have easily broke the tires loose. I noticed that it was a bit easier at highway speed to pass people. My MPG's are hugely improved. I made it to 212 miles by the time I hit half a tank on the highway. On a return trip I was going hard and still squeaked 200 miles on half a tank. I am content with it. I'll see how mileage is another time when I head up to Boston.
So what are your MPGs now ?

Anyone else have a tuner on your 3.7 ?

_________________
2012 Liberty Latitude Edition,
Brilliant Black Pearl, Moonroof.

2013 Wrangler Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:17 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:38 am
Posts: 358
Location: Troy, Ohio
Here's a link to dyno results.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http ... _52501.pdf

_________________
2012 Liberty Latitude Edition,
Brilliant Black Pearl, Moonroof.

2013 Wrangler Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:43 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 3278
Location: Jersey
Katmandu wrote:
wheeee32 wrote:
I have it and put the program in a week and a half ago. It definitely made a difference. The tranny isn't so quick to go to the next gear now and bog. There is more get up and go from a dead stop. If I had the stock tires on it would have easily broke the tires loose. I noticed that it was a bit easier at highway speed to pass people. My MPG's are hugely improved. I made it to 212 miles by the time I hit half a tank on the highway. On a return trip I was going hard and still squeaked 200 miles on half a tank. I am content with it. I'll see how mileage is another time when I head up to Boston.
So what are your MPGs now ?

Anyone else have a tuner on your 3.7 ?


I have it and love it. Very good money spent. I've gotten MANY 20mpg fillups. My best has been 22 with it installed.

_________________
2008 Black Jeep Liberty Sport
4.7L throttle body
Old Man Emu lift
Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:01 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:24 am
Posts: 8
Location: Kent, WA
Gageraid wrote:
I have it and love it. Very good money spent. I've gotten MANY 20mpg fillups. My best has been 22 with it installed.


What were you getting before? I'm getting 15.3 currently (city and back roads). If I can get to 20mpg on average, that'll save me about $450/year at current gas prices.

_________________
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 3.7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:47 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 3278
Location: Jersey
NineFingerFury wrote:
Gageraid wrote:
I have it and love it. Very good money spent. I've gotten MANY 20mpg fillups. My best has been 22 with it installed.


What were you getting before? I'm getting 15.3 currently (city and back roads). If I can get to 20mpg on average, that'll save me about $450/year at current gas prices.


Only had the truck for about 3 months before I installed it and my average was a constant 16.5 city. I rarely get on the highway, but when I do that's when you see the biggest improvements in mpg.

Edit: Had a 20mpg fillup yesterday. I'd say 100 miles were highway.

_________________
2008 Black Jeep Liberty Sport
4.7L throttle body
Old Man Emu lift
Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:24 am
Posts: 8
Location: Kent, WA
Gageraid wrote:
Only had the truck for about 3 months before I installed it and my average was a constant 16.5 city. I rarely get on the highway, but when I do that's when you see the biggest improvements in mpg.

Edit: Had a 20mpg fillup yesterday. I'd say 100 miles were highway.


That's great! Any other mods? I'm at just under 64,000 and not sure of the previous owners' maintenance. I figured I'd do the 60,000 service to it just to be sure and then see what my mpg looks like before getting a tuner.

_________________
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 3.7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 3278
Location: Jersey
NineFingerFury wrote:
Gageraid wrote:
Only had the truck for about 3 months before I installed it and my average was a constant 16.5 city. I rarely get on the highway, but when I do that's when you see the biggest improvements in mpg.

Edit: Had a 20mpg fillup yesterday. I'd say 100 miles were highway.


That's great! Any other mods? I'm at just under 64,000 and not sure of the previous owners' maintenance. I figured I'd do the 60,000 service to it just to be sure and then see what my mpg looks like before getting a tuner.


Yes, cold air intake, and full exhaust system. The programmer is the only thing that made a noticeable difference to me, but maybe it works a little better with the other mods.

I'm at 50,000 miles by the way. Honestly, the mpg boost is a bonus, it really changed the driveability of the Jeep, especially the really annoying 1-2 shift.

_________________
2008 Black Jeep Liberty Sport
4.7L throttle body
Old Man Emu lift
Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: hypertech tuner
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:10 am
Posts: 643
Location: Virginia Beach
Katmandu wrote:
wheeee32 wrote:
I have it and put the program in a week and a half ago. It definitely made a difference. The tranny isn't so quick to go to the next gear now and bog. There is more get up and go from a dead stop. If I had the stock tires on it would have easily broke the tires loose. I noticed that it was a bit easier at highway speed to pass people. My MPG's are hugely improved. I made it to 212 miles by the time I hit half a tank on the highway. On a return trip I was going hard and still squeaked 200 miles on half a tank. I am content with it. I'll see how mileage is another time when I head up to Boston.
So what are your MPGs now ?

Anyone else have a tuner on your 3.7 ?
ç

If I drive all hwy I still get consistent 20 mpg. I did squeak out 21 mpg one time. I haven't been calcualting what my mixed driving has been. I'll check after I fill up again.

_________________
Originally Posted by m_volyrakis
"I recently removed my girlfriend.
Although this mode didn't affect my ground clearance, it drastically improved my off-road capabilities!"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com