It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Limited Slip on a 4X2 Liberty.... need help!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey everyone! My first post here!
I have a 2002 Limited 4X2. (yeah I wanted a 4x4 but too late now). So here is the question. Many times in rain when I take off from a light one tire just spins and spins. Talk about aggravating! I wonder if putting in a limited slip rear differential will solve that problem, maybe add a lot of traction? I don't do a lot of offroading. Its a daily driver on the streets and takes the moutain bikes down a lot of gravel and dirt roads to get to the trail heads too. So I don't want something built for offroad only!

I'm pretty mechanical so I do understand things well. But I would be letting a shop put this in for me. Any help you guys can give is appreciated! THANKS!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:59 am 
This member has been Banned

Yes it will solve the problem...Put in the detroit trutrac. You will have a much safer and capable vehicle.

http://www.detroitlocker.com/DT.htm

You will not be sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:31 pm 
LOST Member

Hey the1jferg does the detroit trutrac void the powertrain warranty on a 2005 jeep liberty?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:37 pm 
LOST Member

I have the auburn limited slip in the rear and it is great. almost as much traction as the powertrax but alot smoother. As far as the warantee thing the only time it can void the warantee is when the aftermarket part causes the problem. For instance if i raised my jeep 5 inches and the cv joints broke they could blame that on me because i lifted too high and caused the cv joints to fail.

Auburn LSD
Lots of other goodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:37 pm 
This member has been Banned

First, the tru-trac blows Auburn away...More traction...No clutches. I think the best thing going right now would be the expensive electrac, a trutrac that locks.

http://www.detroitlocker.com/DE.htm

There is a "Monster" liberty with a SFA in their flashing pics :D

I'm not doggin you auburn guys...so don't trash me. They have good products. Have look at them: http://www.auburngear.com/

I don't know how to answer that with Integrity KJMurphy. First, keep all your parts. Next, I would say anything from the diff foward, unless there is a reason to open you pumpkin, they would never know anyway, and would not void the war-n-t.

For anything in the pumpkin you have three choices: (#2 Violation of integrity)

1. Nothing is going to happen...Its a quality product
2. Open the pumpkin pull out the tru-trac, put parts in the bag and send them to the dealer with the tow-driver..tell them ??? Frikin-Frack
3. What GPR65 said.

You can learn the e-brake trick and darn near have a full locker.