It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Opinions on CAIs and other hi-flow filters
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TheBlueKJ wrote:
Draco wrote:
I have an AFE Stage 2 intake. I only bought it because I needed the sheet metal enclosure as a surface to mount my locker air compressor. Audibly I could hear a difference right away and I hear it to this day, years after the change. I can hear the engine breathing and it sounds very happy. And it runs like a bat outta hell.

It was never dyno'd. I'm not going to say anyone else should do it. But my engine sounds and runs great. There's no way I would swap back to the stock airbox.

How's it handle when you have to ford some water? Is the filter protected enough incase of some water splashback?

I have the same kit with a AEM dryflow filter and filter sock and have been in water that covered my hood(opps) with no issue,heck even went back and did it again and no problems but I did not stop,kept going at 5-10mph.

I would not recommend that anyone else try,it was a mistake as I went father out in the tank wash(large pound that tanks use to clean there tracks) then I should have.