It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: rear gear
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well since i have a 2wd Liberty i figured i'ld make it a street ride. So was thinking about 410 gears and was looking and i see 456 gears for it too. So my question is what would you go with 410 or 456? I will be doing a lot of custom work on my Liberty this year and gearing will be 1 of the last mod i make. Like i said its going to be a street only ride. they also have 488 gears for the liberty too but i dont want to go that much. Anyone on here have 456?

Post subject: Re: rear gear
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:42 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

what tires size ? If 265-75s I'd go with 4.56s but then I run in some hills as well and pull a trailer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

thinking 265 70 or maybe 275 60. i will be pulling a boat once in a while. i have a 3.7 engine ill be picking up soon. it will be going 30 over possibly 40 over depending on how the walls look. i will be getting new 206 cams, i have a fastman tb, will also be experimenting with some custom mid length headers and either going with Borla duals or a custom idea i have been running through my head, i also have an idea of a custom CAI i have been trying to get off paper on build. B&G programing as soon as i have all details worked out. also thinking about removing all 4 doors and back glass and gate and replace with custom bar doors.
will know more about that after i get everything else worked out. the truck only has 80k miles on it and i paid cash for it so screw it. balls to the wall :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:29 pm 
LOST Addict

Any plans for some forced air assistance? And are you going to do the work on your headroom pay someone? Also if this is a DD I would go with the 4.10s if this is a toy that you want to surprise people with at the red light the 4.56s.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

this will be mainly a toy. I will be having some head work done but i won't be doing it myself. As far as forced air goes i am going to keep silent on that right not. Don't want to give away the big suprize that i have hopefully coming. :wink: My wife (yes she is a gearhead) and i are working very closely on this project and have some good ideas on paper that we are going to be getting started on in June. so everyone grab a PBR and some kettle corn. If this all works out LOST will be the first to know! If not LOST will still be the first to know :ROTFL: