It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What options for upgarding torque converter on 42rle gasser
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:50 am 
LOST Newbie

My current tranny is on its last leg, reverse has been slipping for quite a while, It also slips if I gun it going up a steep ramp and my torque converter is now giving up ( every time I stop I have to wait for the converter to kick back in " yes my tranny level is full"). Have a used liberty transmission with 35k miles on it in my basement that needs to get installed.

Since transmission is already out I wouldn't mind a higher performance/more efficient torque converter and wanted to know what choices are available. I know APS precision/ a guy named "Wayne" made one for the 42rle jeep liberty but their website is gone ?? Just found a company called ATS diesel that makes one for the jeep 42rle but doesn't specify for the wrangler or liberty and have never heard of them ( I would have to email or call them). I only tow a small motorcycle trailer a few times a year maybe a set of jet ski's once in a while. I know the jeep is far from a race car but if something breaks that's an excuse for an upgrade ..lol....

Future mods; Lift kit, tires

Post subject: Re: What options for upgarding torque converter on 42rle gas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ATS is a big name in the 3/4 ton and 1 ton oil burner arena.As far as going with a performance TC it's just not really worth it unless you tow heavy,have massive amounts of torque,or race so the stock TC is just fine.