It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:10 am 
LOST Addict

I'm still waiting to hear back from them on if they will fit my early '02. Haven't heard from them since April. Has anyone actually been able to get them yet?

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:57 am 
LOST Newbie

They are still not available..held up in CARB certification.....I call JBA once a week...much like the movie the Money Pit, their response is "....Two Weeks...."

Husq 335 XPT, trail saw, modded

Post subject: el headers
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What sux is that you can actually purchase the headers and their catback exhaust. To bad after you pay you end up finding out that the items are still held up "in production". I did buy them but after waiting a month for them I cancelled the order as I had to head back here to Afghanistan. I ended up getting the Gibson exhaust which arrived the day I left for here. I will order the headers again well before I leave here so that hopefully they will get to my house soon after I get home. I will let you know how it works out in 6 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:32 pm 
LOST Addict

I've been trying to get headers for 5 years now. I'm almost to the point of having custom headers made. Just getting tired of having to do everything custom.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yeah, I have read your posts about them forever. I thought they were actually in production since you can actually pay for them on TruckPerformance.com
they also advertise an exhaust system to go with the headers....like I said had it on order but then found out that they were still not even made yet. I don't see how they can even take your money for something they don't have out yet. I guess if we keep leting them know we want them then they might finally get em out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My 04 only has 1 cat. They changed after 03 I think.

Kylibby, whats the best way to get rid of this torque management? Will it hurt the 42rle tranny? :(

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

As I was posting over on JeepKJ. I just cancelled my order with Truckperformance.com after talking to a tech over in the production dept, at JBA. They said that it was unlikely "now" that they will go forward with the 3.7 headers, and that is in "limbo," said the head of production. 2-3 months... maybe..... coated ones, he wouldn't even guess.
They're citing, or what I've been told, a lack of orders. (I was #8 on the backorder list of which I was told, over 100)
First it was CARB, then production slowdown, then stop. Oh well...
And after waiting 8 months, what can I say, at least I got my money back.
I'm upset by this, I was looking forward to them. Just for the mileage sakes they would have been great.

(Mopar Bullbar, Courtesy Lights, Webasto moonroof, Subwoofer, 05 AC controls, Scangauge, Aux. Lights, 9145 to 9005, Mag mount, USASpec Ipod Controller, rear gate pocket, Lloyd Mats, Filtermag, etc...) JEEP Owner until the day I die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Okay, so has anyone got official word that these things are dead in the water? That really sux...I very much want these to go with my new exhaust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:33 pm 
LOST Addict

I would really like to find out if they are actually going to release them. I put off having headers custom made over a year ago when they changed their minds and said they were going to make them. I've been trying to get headers since I bought it over 5 years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Do you havea contact email for them KY?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:32 am 
LOST Newbie

Neatus wrote:
Do you havea contact email for them KY?

Call this number.
(800) 830-3377

Pick the "sales or Tech questions" selection. See if you get the same answer they told me.

(Mopar Bullbar, Courtesy Lights, Webasto moonroof, Subwoofer, 05 AC controls, Scangauge, Aux. Lights, 9145 to 9005, Mag mount, USASpec Ipod Controller, rear gate pocket, Lloyd Mats, Filtermag, etc...) JEEP Owner until the day I die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:52 pm 
LOST Addict

I talked to them today. They've got the prototypes, but they're still trying to get them approved. It's stuck in red tape. Probably going to be a few more months. They are in the next catalog though, so they definately want to manufacture them. While I'm waiting I'm going to upgrade my throttle body and cams. Then all that's left is the headers, unless I decide to get silly again :) . I really don't want to spend around $1500 or more for custom headers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It is kind of hard for me to make a call here from Afghanistan but if there were a good email I would do my part of the harrasing. I really want these and I will not spend the custom job cash...I just an't afford that.

Oh and KY, get silly again, you have got some of the oolest mods I have seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:27 pm 
LOST Addict

Please do not start harrasing them. The hold up is they have to be approved by California, not JBA. They never thought it would take anywhere near this long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I don't want to really harrass them, I just want to et them know that there is one more out there interested and that their investment will be worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

I heard the CARB thing 2 months ago. Then a couple of days ago, they're not going to do it. I'll just wait until they're out, really out. Then I'll spend my money, instead of paying for them and waiting.

I had called to ask if I was going to have to flash the CU, CARB is a load of S**t!!! They don't do anything except make problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:26 am 
LOST Member

It is illegal to remove any functoning cat, most shops won't do it for fear of being fined, also can set off the check engine light if you remove a cat with the sensor. I'm not the emisions police, I went through this on my focus st, it has 3 cats, and one of them is built into the exhaust manifold. I bought the cosworth header, the exhaust shop made me remove the mannie as they watched, at least they let me use thier tools. After I got it off, they installed the header for me, they just couldn't touch the cat. Alot of people say the new cats flow alot better than they use to. Anyway I had to have my sct reprogramed to shut the check engine light off. We have checks here, but they just scan the computer on the newer vehicles, if it doesn't throw a code your good to go, they also do a visual, but the morons see so many cars a day, they don't know if your supost to have one cat or a dozen, as long as you have one thier satisfied. Also I do have jba headers installed on my 04 ranger 4.0, no emisions problems whatsoever, thier a high quality product, they helped the topend a bit and thats where I needed the help, the 4.0 has plenty of lowend grunt. Since the 4.0 and 3.7 are a simular design, I would expect the results to be about the same. The real secert to these mods is the tunning. You can spend alot of money on things like intakes, headers, and exhaust and be very disappointed untill you get a decent programer, a tune will bring these mods to life. A sde benifit was increased mpg, but didn't notice it untill I was done playing with all that new found power hee hee. With the experience with jba's on my ranger, I'm looking forward to a set on the kj.

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:25 pm 
LOST Addict

My JBA headers are showing as shipped. I'll let you know how much difference they make, but keep in mind I have a K&N FIPK fed by a ram-air hood, a modified throttle body, the Borla dual exhaust, and a B&G flash. So mine doesn't flow anything like stock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:15 am 
LOST Member

I have modded my ranger 4.0 v6 with good results, I have k&n 77 seres intake with the AEM cone filter, e-fan, underdog udp, jba headers, gibson dual sport cat back and a bamachips programer. The headers are short tube, so your biggest gains are on the topend, on the 4.0 thats where I needed some help, it has good lowend torque. I've found the 3.7 and 4.0 to be simular in design hp and torque, so modding results I feel will be simular. With the mods I was somewhat disapointed at first, not enough gain for the money spent. What turned it all around was the bama programer, the programer dialed the other mods in to work well together, adjusted air fuel ratio and timming. The ranger runs strong, like a different truck, it's awesome, very fun to drive. The moral of the story is in the tune. I have found that headers and intakes + catbacks won't give you the best results without a proper tune. This bama programer is a ford only programer from a ford guy, it use to be apten chips. I haven't researched yet to see if there's a decent programer for our 3.7, superchip or hypertech would be perferable, jet is very generic and chips aren't near as good as a reprogramer in my experience. Headers and mods are great, but we need that tune to get the full benifit. While on the subject, is there any programers for the 3.7 ? I know there are some out for the jeep 4.0. We could get our kj dyno tuned if nothing else, but that can get really expensive. Bottom line, jba headers are a quality product that will open up the topend and help the engine breath better throughout the rpm range, but they need that tune for peak performance. I'm not saying you won't see gains without a tune, it's a lot more with a tune. When mod manufactures advertise hp gains, they dyno tune for the best numbers, thats why we don't see in alot of cases what they advertise.

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:38 am 
LOST Addict

The B&G flash is the only way to go for the 3.7. It's awsome. The adaptives are turned on, so it will learn any minor mods you make such as intake, throttle body, headers, cat-back, torque converter, and shift kit. It really makes everything work well together. Plus the tune adds some nice performance that doesn't dissappear like the chips when the PCM figures out that it's being lied to. My KJ is a completely different vehicle with my mods. Everyone swears it has a V8 in it because of it's power and sound. The Japanese vehicles around here tend to avoid me since it's pretty ridiculous off the line for a 0-60 run. :lol:

I'm going to need to send it back to them for reprogramming when I get the ported heads, 206 cams, and larger injectors, but that won't be until spring or summer. Ski season is coming up and my mad money does towards skiing during the winter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next