It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More toque with air tools... =)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

So I pulled my throttle body off to look and see if it had any major restrictions i could grind out of it. It has a major dip you can cut out of it. To explain(these numbers are completely made up) lets say the dia of the throttle body at the air inlet tube is 2.25" inches. then, right before the butterfly plate the trottle body opens to lets say 2.5" and the butterfly is 2.5". I thought at first maybe its there to make more torque, so I decided not to mess with it. So, then an hour later I found myself removing the butterfly and grinding the lip out of it. There is plenty of metal there to play with and I didnt mess with the sides much at all, just the top and botom(so the opening is an oval now.) I put it back in and drove home. No noticable difference. So I parked it for the night. the next morning i hit the key and it started quicker than it ever has, almost instantly after i hit the key. The jeep felt like a whole different truck. While I felt no hp difference, initial punch from a dead stop seems to be much more of a kick in the pants. I am able turn over the 245/75's and never was able to before. and ever since(2 weeks ago) it starts instatly when I touch the key.

just thought I would share
if you do decide to go for this, I recommend being very careful grinding around the area where the butterfly sits

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Any pictures of the modified throttle body?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm confused :? You bored out the inside or did you grind down the butterfly?? Why wouldn't you bore out the whole thing instead of just the top and bottom??

Down Right L.O.S.T. Florida #223221
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2224536