It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Gainesville Florida
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey, my name is Chris I currently own a 2006 jeep liberty renegade. As the years wore on my ride height I recently decided to do a bit of work. I bought a ironman 1.5 lift from JBA a clevis/plate and iso addition also. When all was disassembled I also replaced the front ball joints. After assembling with the extra iso's, clevis and strut plates I found that there was a terrible uca contact and subsequently removed the extras.

Love the lift, though not huge it is a huge improvement no doubt.

Im hooked on the improvements and would love insight and the knowledge.

Pleasure to meet everyone,

chris

Post subject: Re: Hello from Gainesville Florida
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

shooby106 wrote:
Hey, my name is Chris I currently own a 2006 jeep liberty renegade. As the years wore on my ride height I recently decided to do a bit of work. I bought a ironman 1.5 lift from JBA a clevis/plate and iso addition also. When all was disassembled I also replaced the front ball joints. After assembling with the extra iso's, clevis and strut plates I found that there was a terrible uca contact and subsequently removed the extras.

chris

Welcome!
JBA upper control arms would help with the contact issue as well as alignment should you want to reinstall the extras.

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:30 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

shooby106 wrote:

chris

You can't add top plate and clevis without adding in the JBA UCAs. You'll always have spring /coil contact if you don't. One of the reasons in the TM Econo kit everything is there including the UCAs :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

Welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:42 am 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
shooby106 wrote:

chris

You can't add top plate and clevis without adding in the JBA UCAs. You'll always have spring /coil contact if you don't. One of the reasons in the TM Econo kit everything is there including the UCAs :wink:

My concern with the extras was other than getting the UCAs, was the shock length. The front is a strut assembly so a clevis doesn't really affect the extension of the shock, but the rear has an external shock. By adding extra iso will this not over extend those rear shocks?

I know this isn't the thread but I'm having trouble finding one particular to my question. its about spacers and if I should go with different sizes for from and rear being that the lift narrows the front width with the UCA extension, and the rear being unaffected. Im would like to keep my rims but just depends on this answer i guess. Thanks for the previous replies everyone.