It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Increased CRD throttle lag
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:48 am 
LOST Newbie

G'day all Jeepers,
I'm a very happy Cherokee KJ 2.8L CRD owner of nearly 1 year. However, and there has to be a reason for my joining this group, over the last couple of weeks, my KJ has developed a marked lag in throttle response.
A couple of weeks ago I had an issue with the key in the ignition switch. I was in a hurry and somehow messed up the start. I may have even stalled the engine. I managed to restart the engine, but when I accelerated, the KJ spluttered and spluttered, I barely made it across the busy road. I pulled over and turned the engine off. For some reason I thought that I had caused a glitch in the ecu. I removed the ignition key for a minute or two, before trying to start again.
The KJ started OK and seemed to run OK. However, over this last couple of weeks, there has been an increasing throttle lag.
I have changed the fuel filter and the air filter, which has given a slight improvement.
I also added a little extra tyranny fluid, maybe 5-10mm on the dipstick.
The lag or hesitancy is there all the time now and I can feel a bit of fluctuation when cruising, though I haven't taken it up to highway speeds.
Before I go digging into MAP sensors and the like, does anyone have any advice on this issue?
I would greatly appreciate some help on this.
Cheers
Chris in Perth, Western Australia