It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from eastern long island
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I wanted to start by saying thank you to all the forum members for your very informative site. I'm now beginning to understand why it's called Lost. I purchased an 05 crd back in April and have been working on it ever since.
Originally it had a missing front drive shaft and smoked front diff, also a bad #4 glow plug. I figured fix the diff change the glow plug and on to lift and tires. Boy was I wrong.
Glow plugs were on backorder so I figured while I wait, off the the tranny shop. Well I decided to go with 4.10 gears, a Detroit locker in the rear and an e-locker in the front.
After getting it back and snapping off the glow plug I decided to drive it a bit anyway. Then realizing coolant was finding it's way into at least 1 cylinder.
So being a bit mechanically inclined I proceeded to pull the head. Thanks in no small part to info found surfing Lost jeeps through google. Well it turned out the head was no good when I had the machine shop pressure test it.
So I procured a new head and all the trimmings from idparts. Arp studs, weeks egr fcv delete, updated lifters and rockers, samcos and a fancy thermostat from turbo diesel freak. I finally got every thing I needed and assembled it this past weekend. It fired right up and I was all ready to do the happy dance. Then when I drove it, it only had 2nd and 3rd gear. Upon scanning I got the u0146 gateway code.
Looks like I'll be pulling that module later in the week to check the connection. I'm just itching to drive this thing. I've been working on it for months and have yet to even try my lockers. Anyway, thanks for all the good info. Hopefully I'll be driving it soon. I am most certainly LOST!!

05 Liberty crd 185k miles / Lifters and rockers, arp studs, h.d.s. thermostat, weeks stage 1+2, carter lift pump with sasquatch harness, gen 2 filter head, hemi t/c, 245/70r16 bfg a/t ko2, on board air, uniden pro 520xl
4.10s with a detroit locker in the rear and e-locker up front
Next up....skids and GDE eco FT.

Post subject: Re: Hello from eastern long island
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:36 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

WELCOME TO LOST ( Liberty Owners Special Team )
or at least thats the way we started out !!

But many who were LOST have found LOST and now are LOST somewhere out having fun :ROTFL: