It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello From Truckee, CA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm not a new member, but am a new CRD owner as of yesterday. My GF finally tired of the quirks and small repairs her '06 tossed at her. The last straw was a coolant leak that, for the life of me, I couldn't trace down. No puddles anywhere or traces of coolant, just a slowly dropping coolant level over a few weeks time leading to a "Low Coolant" dash light. So we took it to the shop. Turned out to be a crack in the plastic tank that only leaks when the engine is hot and the coolant under pressure.

She sold me the Jeep for the cost of the repair, about $600. It has 121,000 miles on it and I've been around it, and worked on it, for the last 9 years/97,000 miles. I hated to see it go, so now it's mine.

My GF is the happy owner of a new 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk, also as of yesterday. Yeah, I know, but the only real Jeep they make anymore is the Wrangler, and she drives mostly on pavement, so a more car-like vehicle suits her just fine as long as it sits up higher than most cars, can drive through 18 inches of snow, and has plenty of room in back for the dog.

2013 KTM 350 EXC
2003 KTM 200 EXC

Post subject: Re: Hello From Truckee, CA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:50 pm 

ebmtnbkr wrote:
I'm not a new member, but am a new CRD owner as of yesterday. My GF finally tired of the quirks and small repairs her '06 tossed at her. The last straw was a coolant leak that, for the life of me, I couldn't trace down. No puddles anywhere or traces of coolant, just a slowly dropping coolant level over a few weeks time leading to a "Low Coolant" dash light. So we took it to the shop. Turned out to be a crack in the plastic tank that only leaks when the engine is hot and the coolant under pressure.

She sold me the Jeep for the cost of the repair, about $600. It has 121,000 miles on it and I've been around it, and worked on it, for the last 9 years/97,000 miles. I hated to see it go, so now it's mine.

My GF is the happy owner of a new 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk, also as of yesterday. Yeah, I know, but the only real Jeep they make anymore is the Wrangler, and she drives mostly on pavement, so a more car-like vehicle suits her just fine as long as it sits up higher than most cars, can drive through 18 inches of snow, and has plenty of room in back for the dog.

Welcome! WOW you got a deal! :shock:
Ones with blown engines are bringing more than that! :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

Post subject: Re: Hello From Truckee, CA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well, yeah, super cheap, but she and I have been together almost 11 years. Last year I bought her a new $4500 mountain bike for her Bday, so it's not like things don't go around.

Funny thing, the Jeep dealer in Reno really wants that Jeep, or any Liberty of that vintage. They sell 'em like hotcakes.

Now that I have it, I'll do the Suncoast/transgo upgrades which are sitting in my shop right now, GDE tune, etc. Of course finish the reliability stuff like a Provent and lift pump.

I do want to do a small lift/suspension improvements on it. Do you know of a good kit to get? Most of the reviews I've read are 7 or 8 years old.

Thanks!

2013 KTM 350 EXC
2003 KTM 200 EXC