It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New member looking for information on engine troubles crd
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:48 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello New member searching for reliable information on a serious engine malfunction on a 2005 Liberty sport with the CRD. Engine ran fine until one month... ran good then began to Pop in both the intake and exhaust, blew sooty exhaust out the tailpipe for only about 1 minute... then went away for three weeks... had the engine into dealer to check codes the only active code was the same Boost pressure code the dealership hasnt been able to clear up since 12000 miles... three weeks went by and it began doing this again this time 45 seconds worth... black sooty exhaust popping and knocking almost as is computer was fueling 4 cylinders at one time... then again went away for 3 days.... 3rd day did it again for 1 minute... then went away again for 1.5 hours... then began doing this again and this time hasnt gone away.... that was 8 years ago... dealership can only tell me it needs new engine... I dont buy that the thing has 112000 miles. It was maintained oil changes full synthetic 0w40 every 8k and used for alot of hiway miles... I have changed the glow plugs, timing belt set, injectors, ecm, revised Fuel filter head, I do believe may need to replace rockers and lifters eventually but I dont believe that is the cuase for the way its running... like I said it seems like its fueling all four cylinders at the same time. Id really like to get my deisel running again looking for edjucated input from the forum of knowledgeable people not wild guesses... as I can get them from the jeep dealership

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: New member looking for information on engine troubles cr
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:10 pm 

G Schlorf wrote:
Hello New member

Welcome to the LOSTJeeps Forum!
Please tell us about your Jeep, mods, upgrades, etc...
If you look in "User Control Panel" (top right), and click on "Profile", you can update your Signature, edit your Profile, and add an Avatar if you so desire.
This information greatly helps others when responding to questions or making comments.
Moderator,
:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch