It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My first Jeep! Only took 30 years!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey, all, just dropping in here to say 'hi'.

I've wanted a Jeep since I was a little kid and now I finally have one... a lovely '09 Liberty Sport (4x4, of course). Didn't get a lot of extras 'cause we had a good bit of negative equity on the wife's Malibu Maxx. We hated that car and are so glad to be rid of it with the added bonus that I HAVE MY FIRST JEEP!!! FINALLY!!!

It's a daily driver for us, so I'm not allowed to make any major mods or take it wheeling (unless necessary) until we own it, which is going to be a while. Still, I'm already make plans and a list of upgrades that I want to put on. I'll probably start with the hitch receiver (which is something I can do before we "own" it) since I see that coming in handy for us in the near future.

Image Image

-SR-

PS: After a dozen edits or so, I finally figured out how to link to images hosted in Picasa and even get the size the way I wanted. Enjoy!

Short Term Wish List:
Hitch receiver & wire harness
General Grabber AT2 245/70R16 tires (as soon as the stockers wear out)
DVD player (for Jr.)

Long Term Wish List:
Lift kit (not sure what size yet)
Bigger tires
Front tow hooks
Skid plates
Rock rails

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just noticed there are a bunch of Ohio members here. Well, I guess you can count me in that group, too. I live in Central Ohio (near Columbus), as does most of my extended family. I work for a company in SW Ohio (Cinci area), but I'm only there, on location, a couple days per week.

Also wanted to add that I LOVE the photos of the lifted Libbies on here, but KJs and especially the KKs. Those are some tough lookin' machines on there. I hope to be able to put at least a 2.5" lift under mine before too long (read: in the next few years) and maybe a 4" further down the road. At the very least, I'll definitely be putting some different tires on as soon as the stock ones are toast. At the rate my wife and I are putting miles on, it won't be long.

-SR-

Short Term Wish List:
DVD player (for Jr.)

Long Term Wish List:
Bigger tires
Front tow hooks
Skid plates
Rock rails

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:57 pm 
LOST Member

You know I grew up around Jeeps... mainly XJs and when it was time for me to get my first car I was into the import thing... lol. I ended up getting my KJ when I was 23.

Frankenlift II Premium (CRD Upgrade)+1 iso, Jeepin by Al 4.5 A arms
16x8 KMC Enduro XDs, 265/75 16 Goodyear Duratracs
Air Flow snorkel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:57 pm 
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOHIO! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

OH(io), and welcome to the forum 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:58 pm 
I live here
I live here

You finally get a Jeep and you can't really off-road it? Then why? You should have just gotten a used Wrangler so you can live the joy in life that a Jeep brings when you go off-roading. Mine is a daily driver and I off-road it pretty hard. It is a Jeep. Don't wait another 30 years before you can enjoy the Jeep.

By the way, I grew up in Lancaster, Ohio. Welcome to LOST.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:35 am 
LOST Newbie

Tokyojoe wrote:
You finally get a Jeep and you can't really off-road it? Then why? You should have just gotten a used Wrangler so you can live the joy in life that a Jeep brings when you go off-roading. Mine is a daily driver and I off-road it pretty hard. It is a Jeep. Don't wait another 30 years before you can enjoy the Jeep.

By the way, I grew up in Lancaster, Ohio. Welcome to LOST.

Well, hopefully, after the newness wears off a bit, it can take us on a few excursions.

-SR-

Short Term Wish List:
DVD player (for Jr.)

Long Term Wish List:
Bigger tires
Front tow hooks
Skid plates
Rock rails

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:34 am 
"accidentally" run into it with a shopping cart
repeatedly

"well, you know honey...with the insurance money...we could get a lift, a rear locker...some rock rails...and like 3 12 packs of Amber Bock so ThunderbirdJunkie will come over and install it for us"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:51 am 
LOST Newbie

ThunderbirdJunkie wrote:
repeatedly

"well, you know honey...with the insurance money...we could get a lift, a rear locker...some rock rails...and like 3 12 packs of Amber Bock so ThunderbirdJunkie will come over and install it for us"

Good ideas abound around here, no doubt about that, but how are you going to help me install all that stuff when your passed out in my driveway from drinking too much beer? Sure, you may say it's just payment for services rendered and your not going to drink it all at once, but we both know better... don't we. :roll:

-SR-

Short Term Wish List:
DVD player (for Jr.)

Long Term Wish List:
Bigger tires
Front tow hooks
Skid plates
Rock rails

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:31 am 

When I got the KJ, My wife wouldn't let me wheel it either. :(

Here is how you break her. :shock:

Start off slow and easy take the family to a National Forest or Park for an outing, or camping trip (it is a jeep). Enjoy driving around on the dirt forest roads and enjoy the scenery. During this period work in little purchases like skids and tow hooks, all of which can be easily justified.

After a few trips hook up with a few other jeepers in the area and explore the forest for the day or weekend, stopping often to explore on foot, hike, sight see and enjoy the company of like minded individuals. After that trip she'll understand that the need for a CB for jeep to jeep communications.

Then about a week or two after your group run, tell her that the LOST Ohio guys are doing an easy trail run and see if she wants to hang out with everyone again. Your KK can handle an easy trail without any problems really. Tires may hold you back a little, but with hooks and other KJers you have nothing to worry about. At the end of the trip she'll OK the lift and tires.

Then every few months you just work in another mod that you want. :D

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:27 am 
LOST Member

Welcome!

Rola Roof rack
4 Hella 700FF's on Rack
2 KC daylighters on bumper
2 Turn tables and a microphone

I want to leave this world like i came into it.... screaming, naked and covered in someone else's blood.

http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/smith/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:14 pm 
greatoppressor wrote:
ThunderbirdJunkie wrote:
repeatedly

Good ideas abound around here, no doubt about that, but how are you going to help me install all that stuff when your passed out in my driveway from drinking too much beer? Sure, you may say it's just payment for services rendered and your not going to drink it all at once, but we both know better... don't we. :roll:

-SR-

It's not like passing out is permanent, jeez :roll: