It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new memeber.... 2008 KK Sport 4X4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi All,

I hope I found the best forum for Jeep KK's out there. I just picked up a 2008 Liberty SPort 4X4 with 18k miles and for $18k, good deal?

I'm interested in a few things, firstly I would like to find good places to shop for exterior accessories, NO CHROME!!, where should I shop and what are the popular items? This is my wifes Jeep so it won't see much off road duty except for when I get my hands on it.

Next performance. It's got enough power as is, but couldn't hurt to squeeze a few more out. I'm interested in CAI's, exhaust, and chips (snake oil??). I saw some of the ridiculous CAI prices out there, has anyone DIY'd one yet? I also am a SAAB addict (sad but true, I love my 93SS) and these JEEP CAI prices even make me cringe! I've made a DIY CAI for my 9-3 for less than $50 bucks, just sayin.

Chips - I've only come across JET and Superchips so far, any others? Are they snake oil like I presume? Are theyre any ECU tuners out there or any tuning stuff out there yet for these? I'd assume its a differnt engine management system than the previous KJ?? Whats it called?

Exhaust - I like the stock exhaust note and may be going to a new cat back as mines already a bit rusty, anyone had a custom job done?

Lastly - we got one with a sky slider roof. Mine makes slight wind noise when you get up to 60+, not too bad, its acceptable, and I still need to punch my vin in to see what TSB's and recalls have been done on mine. Does anyone with a SS have zero wind noise?

thanks everyone, and yes I will use the SEARCH feature in the future, but no time right now (at work)

Post subject: Re: new memeber.... 2008 KK Sport 4X4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:55 am 
LOST Addict

Welcome :JEEPIN:

the skyslider has been known to be a little noisey, pretty sure a few people were trying to make a wind deflector to cut down the noise but idk what came of it.

You can find many of the answers to your questions in the KK specific forums stickies, check here...
viewforum.php?f=88
and here...
viewforum.php?f=104

if you cant find what youre lookin for there, ask in those sections, alot of people dont look at the member introductions section.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:02 pm 
LOST Addict

rabbit wrote:
Hi All,

I hope I found the best forum for Jeep KK's out there. I just picked up a 2008 Liberty SPort 4X4 with 18k miles and for $18k, good deal?

I'm interested in a few things, firstly I would like to find good places to shop for exterior accessories, NO CHROME!!, where should I shop and what are the popular items? This is my wifes Jeep so it won't see much off road duty except for when I get my hands on it.

Next performance. It's got enough power as is, but couldn't hurt to squeeze a few more out. I'm interested in CAI's, exhaust, and chips (snake oil??). I saw some of the ridiculous CAI prices out there, has anyone DIY'd one yet? I also am a SAAB addict (sad but true, I love my 93SS) and these JEEP CAI prices even make me cringe! I've made a DIY CAI for my 9-3 for less than $50 bucks, just sayin.

Chips - I've only come across JET and Superchips so far, any others? Are they snake oil like I presume? Are theyre any ECU tuners out there or any tuning stuff out there yet for these? I'd assume its a differnt engine management system than the previous KJ?? Whats it called?

Exhaust - I like the stock exhaust note and may be going to a new cat back as mines already a bit rusty, anyone had a custom job done?

Lastly - we got one with a sky slider roof. Mine makes slight wind noise when you get up to 60+, not too bad, its acceptable, and I still need to punch my vin in to see what TSB's and recalls have been done on mine. Does anyone with a SS have zero wind noise?

thanks everyone, and yes I will use the SEARCH feature in the future, but no time right now (at work)

First, Image

You have found the best out there :P

CAI's ............ there have been a few home made ones. I run a AEM.

Chips, I run a Jet. B&G Chrysler is the only ECM tuning company out there that I know of. The old KJ's ran a JTEC ecm while the KK's run a NGC.

Exhaust, by federal law, you are only allowed to modify your headers and anything after the cats. This is why most systems are called cat back systems. There have been a few that have done cats back's and a few that have done just mufflers.

As far as the sky crapper goes ( :ROTFL: ) I don't have a clue about them. But there are others that will chime in :wink:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:04 pm 
LOST Addict

DirtyKK wrote:

if you cant find what youre lookin for there, ask in those sections, alot of people dont look at the member introductions section.

I'm always watching :grim:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:16 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

welcome!

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:32 am 
LOST Member

Welcome aboard! :JEEPIN:

1999 Wrangler Sahara
2" Teraflex lift with flexarms, ARB air lockers Front/Rear, Skid Plates, BFG 31x10.50 ATKOs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:12 am 
LOST Member

:BANANA: Welcome to the LOST :ROTFL: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :JEEPIN: :ALONE: :idea:

Rola Roof rack
4 Hella 700FF's on Rack
2 KC daylighters on bumper
2 Turn tables and a microphone

I want to leave this world like i came into it.... screaming, naked and covered in someone else's blood.

http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/smith/