It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Just got" a 06 Limited so Hello from Denton, MD.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello, I just purchased a silver 06 KJ limited which I'm very excited about and just want a little bit of direction as what to do with it mod wise. I'm thinking of going with the premium Frankenlift 2 and some Nitto terra grapplers in 265/70/R16 to start with, and for the front bumper I'm thinking of the SC rockstar without the stinger (mainly because I don't like how high the ARB sits). but as far as lights, skidplates and running boards/rock rails I'm a little lost. I was almost thinking of putting some Cab lights from a Dodge ram on and some running board lights (to be a little different plus if a Hummer can do it I can :P ) and if I wanted spotlights I could go with a safari rack and mount them on it. but needless to say I'm still unsure. If I don't do that I was thinking about the renegade lights. as far as rock rails/running boards go I was thinking about the MOPAR tubular side steps but am wondering if it would protect the Jeep any. of course I'm probably not going to be doing a whole lot of "wheeling" because of there not really being a lot of of places to go. but any ideas would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: "Just got" a 06 Limited so Hello from Denton, MD.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:56 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

WELCOME!

little info on the SC bumper, there was a little problem with the maker and he kinda screwed people over sooo...no can do on that..But, welcome and post some pics :JEEPIN:

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

So far I only have the dealer pics but here they are.
I can't wait to put a lift on it and get those "get stuck quick" tires off of it! :JEEPIN:
And that sucks about the SC bumper. I'll probably just go with the ARB when I get the money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:42 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

you might be able to get rid of those rims quick if you want different ones...here

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=50403

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 pm 
LOST Addict

Welcome!

If you hurry, you can still order a RL front bumper

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 pm 
LOST Member

Welcome. It sounds like you have a lot of interesting plans for your KJ. I'm just getting started with my KK but one thing I can tell you from experience, I have an ARB bumper on my TJ Wrangler and it is awesome. A few days after I installed it, a pickup truck lost control on ice and hit my bumper at about a 30 degree angle off of head on. The center of the pickup hit the driver's side corner of my ARB bumper. The pickup looked like it hit a telephone pole. Its grill was destroyed, the hood was buckled and the bumper was pushed in several inches right in the center. when I got out and looked at my bumper, I was amazed to see a small scratch and dent barely bigger than a quarter. I was able to take the bumper off and pound the dent out with a hand sledge and now you can't even tell. I have had it about 10 years and been completely thrilled with it.

I have no direct experience with ARB's Liberty bumper (they don't make one for the KK), but the brand is definitely good. From reading the forum, it is also apparent that there are several other great bumpers avaialble including the one from Rock Lizard that Digger mentioned. Everything I have read about Rock Lizard products is top notch and there are a lot of forum members that praise them. Unfortunatley I don't have first hand experience with any RL products (my loss!). I understand he is shutting down his business soon so you'll need to order soon if you want one. I'm sure there are other good ones but I'm new to the forum also and haven't read enough to mention others.

Welcome, and happy wrenching! :JEEPIN:

1999 Wrangler Sahara
2" Teraflex lift with flexarms, ARB air lockers Front/Rear, Skid Plates, BFG 31x10.50 ATKOs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:11 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

ARB KJ bumper = awesome
4 deer and a Toyota Camry so far with only minor scratches :pepper:

Stock rails = junk , won't protect the rockers much at all
RL rails were the best, maybe can find some used ones somewhere