PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 am 
LOST Newbie

09 silver liberty 4x4 sport
bought it for my wife (so she thinks)
first mod was a big ugly Uhaul hitch.
I just ordered 2.5 JBA coilovers and rear spring spacers for the stock springs
a-arms in the future.
found 5 rubicon wheels with BFG Mud terrain tires with 1000k on them for $600
First trip was to Red Rock Canyon in the Mojave. Many more to come.

Last edited by stubble88 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Glendale CA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:17 am 
LOST Addict

Nice looking KK :P

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:19 am 
LOST Member

Welcome! It sounds like you are off to a running start with your mods. Glad you are here. :JEEPIN:

1999 Wrangler Sahara
2" Teraflex lift with flexarms, ARB air lockers Front/Rear, Skid Plates, BFG 31x10.50 ATKOs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:59 am 
LOST Newbie

wecwbe wrote:
Welcome! It sounds like you are off to a running start with your mods. Glad you are here. :JEEPIN:

thanks

I have this problem with every car Ive owned and now the plague has spread to my wifes vehicles.
I cant be stoped. :frankie: must....mod..

anyone have any absolute musts for offroad mods let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 am 
LOST Addict

Line - X :P :P

Skids and recovery points if you don't have them yet.......

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject: Re: Glendale CA KK
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:11 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

lift and tires

o, welcome :D

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:17 am 
LOST Newbie

lift and tires are a check.
I guess tow hooks would be next? although I have the hitch for the back.
skid plates? where are the best deals?
roof rack? where?
thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Welcome to LOST...! Another CA Jeeper. :BANANA: That whole Red Rock/Jawbone area is a really great area to get out and explore, been doing it for 20+ years and still find new stuff. Take your wife in the spring for the wildflowers. However, I must hijack this opportunity and say, I enjoyed it more before all the closures years back, but that's another thread in another forum. :banghead: :banghead:

On my first trip with the club out to Calico, I was VERY happy I had the AllJ boulderbars put on when I was in their shop. Full skidplates are a must, IMO and a recovery kit too; strap, gloves, shovel/spade, etc... A CB/HAM radio is nice to have, especially on club runs. The list goes on and on. :2cents:

I also truly encourage you to come on the runs with the SoCal club, I've had great fun on the 2 I've attended and I hope I can make the run Saturday to Rattlesnake, another area I've never been to.

I like that KK more and more every day; be sure to post progress pics of yours. :JEEPIN:

'13 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Trasharoo, Husky liners, Skid Row plates, Ursa Minor J30, Expedition One rear bumper & tire carrier, Rugged Ridge CB antenna mount, SuperStar 4900+ transceiver, iPad Mini with MotionX GPS.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the warm welcome.

My parents and there friends go out there a couple times a year.

Looks like I might have a skid plate for the gas tank but that might be it.
Is it possible that these plates could have been purchased individually as an option? Or did they come in a full package from Jeep?

I though racing a car was expensive :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:39 pm 
LOST Member

stubble88 wrote:
Looks like I might have a skid plate for the gas tank but that might be it.
Is it possible that these plates could have been purchased individually as an option? Or did they come in a full package from Jeep? :shock:

If you are not sure if you have a gas tank skid plate, you can look at the pictures in the post I did on installing this skid plate at http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=50629. The basic support that comes stock looks very much like the skid plate. The skid plate is just thicker, it weighs more and there are fewer/smaller drainage holes in it. Otherwise it looks the same.

If you get the skip plate group from the factory, it comes with 4 skid plates (gas tank, transfer case, transmission, and engine (sometimes called front)) and a tow hook on the passenger's side. You can also buy each of these individually from the dealer or on several websites. There are also aftermarket skid plates available from some vendors. If you are getting the Mopar skid plates, you may be able to find them online for less than at the dealer but make sure you take shipping into account. You don't pay shipping at the dealer but you probably would online and some of the skid plates are pretty heavy (gas tank skid is 30 lbs.).

If you want to add one or more tow hooks, Jeep has front and rear tow hooks for the KK. I have the trailer tow group so I have not looked into the rear tow hook. Since you have added a hitch, there is no reason to get a rear tow hook. You can just get a receiver mounted shackle. For the front, you have a choice of one or two tow hooks if you get them from Jeep. the will tell you that you can only mount one tow hook on a KK but you really can mount 2 (several people have done this on KKs). The reason they say you can't is that there are some hoses that are very close to where you would mount the driver's side tow hook. If you install a tow hook there, it will put some strain on the hoses. Like I said, several people on this forum have done it with no ill effects. I chose to mount the single tow hook on the passenger side. It is more difficult than what the instructions tell you for 2009 or 2010 KKs. You can find details on how to do this in the post I did for mounting the tow hook at http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=50244. If you want to install dual tow hooks you should look at a great post by SkinInc69 at http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=46929. since you have a 2009, you will still want to read the post I wrote to see how the installation is a bit different for 2009/2010 KKs.

I hope this helps. Happy wrenching! :D

1999 Wrangler Sahara
2" Teraflex lift with flexarms, ARB air lockers Front/Rear, Skid Plates, BFG 31x10.50 ATKOs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:21 am 
LOST Newbie

so I guess what I really have is a piece of tin foil for a skid plate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:29 am 
LOST Member

stubble88 wrote:
so I guess what I really have is a piece of tin foil for a skid plate.

Well I think it is better than that. I have seen some vehicles with a plastic gas tank and just a couple of straps holding it in place. What you have is far better than that. It would take some abuse. I have to say, when I was done with the skid plate install, I was left wondering if the extra strength of the heavier skid plate was really worth the $200 I paid for it.

Check my response to your post in the other thread (http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=50629) for some more thoughts.

1999 Wrangler Sahara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:42 am 
LOST Newbie

got it
thanks for the info fellas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 am 
LOST Junkie

Found my place here. HELLO

Lifted by JEEPIN BY AL - Get yours by following my link