It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello and Thank You
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

Many greetings, My name is Sam and I am the proud owner of a 1997 Jeep Cherokee sport "Jenny" currently running strong at 230K miles. I have always loved the Cherokee for its rugged utilitarian 4x4 pedigree, obtuse features and simplistic design which allows for easy maintenance and nearly endless upgrade options.

While I have always been happy with the performance of the inline 6 cylinder 4.0L, I have envied the Liberty CRD since its appearance on the scene as well as the increased performance, efficiency and versatility offered by the diesel platform in general. Last summer I was able to procure a salvaged Liberty CRD from auction with the intent of ultimately swapping the engine and transmission into my Cherokee. This has been a massive project and by far the most challenging mechanical undertaking I have attempted. Lostjeeps.com has been a invaluable resource for me and I thank all of the moderators and contributes for their comprehensive posts and willingness to share their personal experiences.

While I am still several months away from being able to start the swap, I felt it was a good time to officially join the club and make use of any advise or suggestions the community may be able to offer as well as to share in my own progress in this endeavor.

Thank you again and cheers!

-Sam

Post subject: Re: Hello and Thank You
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:03 am 
LOST Member

Good to have you here Sam, that sounds really challenging but fun project. Enjoy the board at the moment