It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from another KJ in the UK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello all,

I've had my 2005, Cherokee, (Liberty in the USA) CRD, Limited, (Fee) for about 18 months now. She's my second Jeep, I had a Wrangler many years ago, and despite her problems (expense) I love her. I've put a Mopar spoiler on her rear, a SatNav system in her dash, a new set of after market wheels on her feet. But she still bites the hand that feeds her by having problem after problem with her gearbox/drive-train. The grinding noise from the rear was easy to diagnose from this site, and cured by replacing the rear diff oil. And the Automatic transmission warning light and gear change problem was solved with a new solenoid pack. Now I'm just left with a car that tries to pull away at junctions, when I'm not expecting it, and often stalls when reverse is selected! Oh and I have just found a transmission oil cooler pipe that's leaving a little puddle of clean fresh gearbox oil on my drive. But Fee is here to stay, especially as she's only covered 46,000 miles since new and I've yet to fit the JEEP bonnet bra I bought her yet.

You have to laugh!

Post subject: Re: Hello from another KJ in the UK
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:34 am 
LOST Member

Must be a very fun jeep you got there, welcome! Got some pics?