It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Outfitting a CRD in Western Washington
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello,

I picked up a used 2006 KJ CRD a couple years back, spent all that time making it run like it supposed to. I added the Eco tune and had a laundry list of repairs needed because the previous owner did nothing and I got the vehicle for the price of repairing the timing.

Right now I am outfitting it to be a little more aggressive off-road. I take it on washed out forest service roads as far as I could go without scraping the bottom too much currently, but now I want to go a little further.

I am noticing that a lot of CRD era liberty parts are becoming hard to find. I have been looking for a rear bumper that would work for large size tires now for quite some time and I'm not finding much locally, or produce that I could ship in. I have read the thread here and I'm still at the Loss.

ordered up a Frankenlift II and as soon as I can afford one an ARB bumper for the front. Putting on some gas tank armor (hard to find under $300) and rock rails as well. Hoping to fit 31 inch tires on the Rubicon style rims when I get a chance to get my hands on some.

Feel like I'm a little late to the game, but I am pretty excited to get this thing capable as an expedition vehicle. Curious about anybody locally that has hey liberty that has been fixed up for off-road use and can give me some advice on where to get particular helpful parts.

Currently a rear bumper with a tire holder and possibly Jerry can holder are on my wish list

I have installed a CB radio, still looking for a good answer on a mounting point. I have it stuffed into the side of the seat currently. And I'm going to be running some lights up on my roof rack for trail driving at night .

This forum has been immensely helpful tracking down tips and tricks regarding finding parts and installing them on a CRD so thank you all for posting and discussing so many topics!

Post subject: Re: Outfitting a CRD in Western Washington
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Im in the same exact boat as you! I've been looking around for a while as well and so far it seems as if the vendors have stopped production on allot of stuff concerning bumpers and stuff. If we'd want any sort of metal plat bumpers for our CRD's then it'll have to be custom. Cause I haven't found anything yet.

EHM
Weeks Stage 1 and 2 EGR delete
Straight piped exhaust
35psi Boost Guage
Fumoto oil valve

2006 Dark Khaki KJ CRD Sport 4x4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:57 am 
LOST Newbie

Welcome! I moved to Ohio from Eastern Washington. I used to drive the Blue Mountains every weekend that it wasn't snowed in. I really miss it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

been doing some work on the jeep, now just dealing with a mechanical problem

Installed some allJ boulder bars and their frankinlift2 premium for CRD

ended up mounting the CB under the steering wheel. got a small enough unit that I could fit it in there without much trouble to the side nearest the console.

light bar and backup LED lights installed on the rack, already helping backing up in these dark evenings as fall hits (installed switches in trim of dash, ran the wires out the bottom of the rear door seal and up to the roof rack external with quick disconnects)

got a set of IDparts silicone air pipes (had a stock pipe blow on me out of town... not fun at all)

picked up a generic 1/8" steel gas tank rock skid, mounted up between the hitch and structural rails nicely, really happy with how it came out.. ordering up the factory skids for the trans/transfer areas

Next:

need to find some wheels and tires... been looking for local moab rims or related, pref with some decent tires

developed a leak on my #1 injector... black death is oozing form it... parts on order, fingers crossed that repair is "simple"

ARB bumper and winch is on the agenda soon.. mounted a high lift style jack on the rack but only have the bolder bars to work with. hoping to get a little better recovery options out of it with use of my hitch and the ARB bumper.

will try to post some pics soon, having a lot of fun sorting everything out on this build!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:40 am 
LOST Newbie

Jeep before the lift

And after