It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just wanted to say hi and thank you
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

New to the forum, read and learned a lot before making my jump into a CRD at the beginning of October and just wanted to say thank you all for making such a great resource through the sharing of expertise. I learned a lot and was working on fixing the known weak parts and loved my jeep more and more every day. Unfortunately at 66,666 miles a bolt came loose and fell out of the rear timing belt cover and right into the timing belt....... I now have purchased an eco sized 55 gallon drum of lube and the jeep is at a shop with its head torn off.... :tears: i miss my jeep already. I'm all in now lol

2005 Liberty CRD
GDE eco tune
fuel head changed
boost hoses changed
fumoto drain plug
weathertech
245's
7v steel glow plugs (being installed now since the head is off anyway)

Post subject: Re: Just wanted to say hi and thank you
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:49 pm 
LOST Addict

Lol, smart move being ready. If you can stop them you can likely get a lost member to do the work better, and maybe for less cash also.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:49 pm 
LOST Addict

Where are you located?

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:42 am 
LOST Newbie

Located on the North side of Denver, i should have asked for advice in here but unfortunately asking for help has never been a strong suit of mine. I looked through the list of repair shops on lost but the only one was in Parker and i couldn't get the jeep down there. After calling 6-7 shops and not one was willing to touch it i jumped on the one i found that had some experience with them (Lake Arbor Automotive) and was willing to work on it. Its my primary vehicle right now so i had no choice and its already in process. You don't even want to know what the repair bill is :5SHOTS: . Right now Crank sprocket, injection pump pulley, rockers (all of the intake side broke), timing belt kit, glow plugs (since they have the head off anyway).

I would have loved to have someone on here who was really good at fixing them to have fixed it, so i knew it was done right. I traded in my 2010 tacoma (was not impressed) for the jeep and got cash back which i was planning on putting toward a new used large family vehicle that we need for our outdoor back country adventures (family of 7).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:15 pm 
LOST Addict

Well, at least it's not a dealership!

Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

I avoid them when i can!