It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi from Florida...and Central America
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello everyone,

Bill here!

Starting to prepare to live in Central America in the next few years. 2 of my sons live there already. While there on a recent trip, I purchased a 2005 CRD LTD (USA version). It has 137K on it. It looks like it was kept very well. I thought it was much newer than a 2005.

While going through the buying process, this site was a huge benefit. I did find out about the timing belt. the current owner had replaced the timing belt at 118k. Glad I asked (he did it himself and had the receipt).

Aside from a complete fluid change throughout the vehicle, I need to replace the window actuator (sp?) on the left rear window, and figure out why the ABS light comes on occasionally. Also, the check engine light is on as well. Not too alarmed at that by what I've read here. I plan on cleaning the MAP and disconnecting the EGR (most likely installing one of the elbow kits I;ve seen).

I'm also going to replace the coil springs and struts. I've zero'd in on the bilstein 4600 shocks but haven't decided on what springs to get. I'm not seeing a lot of OME sites online to buy from. I am not really interested in lifting the CRD. OK with everything being stock.

I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions in the forums.

Regards,
Bill