It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New member in Maine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey, dropping an intro here. Just picked up a 2002 KJ Limited 3.7 for the better half. She's been eyeing them for a while and finally found one that would fit in our budget as well as fit in her "criteria." She wanted one that wasn't a stick, not red, and not rotted out. Living where we do, the last part was the hardest thing :(. Picked up this silver one for $1000 this week. It's solid and looks well taken care of with 195k on the clock. Compression test came up solid, transmission and 4x4 is nice and tight, sunroof doesn't leak, and came with a current sticker :). On the downside, it's tossing a ton of codes so I ordered up new plugs, coils, and injectors. Should be here tomorrow so I can install over the weekend. Thanks to everyone here, I have a clear path to diagnosing and resolving the issues. All but one code are either coil or miss codes, the last one is upstream O2. I'll tackle that one when it is warmer and not snowing :). No plans on mods at this point but will see what she lets me get away with :D. We are a Mopar house, I currently have a couple of RAMs and have had an Eagle sedan as well as 4 GCs over the last decade or so. After driving her new ride, I'm starting to think one of the RAMs will go up on CL and I'll start looking for a KJ myself, that or another GC. The sickness is real...

Post subject: Re: New member in Maine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:08 pm 
LOST Member

I can't believe you found one not rotted out:)

Post subject: Re: New member in Maine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

No kidding! I've been looking for months for one that wasn't either too much for my budget or slowly returning to the earth. I ended up getting this one out of NH.