It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey everyone!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm a business owner in SW PA, USA. Our shop specializes in emergency vehicles, namely fire apparatus.

I've had several XJs (one being Paxton supercharged), a WJ, a YJ, a 77 Wagoneer and now a WK CRD, which is an incredible vehicle!

Other toys are a 2006 Ram Cummins dually that's in the last stages of assembly now and am shooting for 700 HP once broken in.

1987 Porsche 928S4, 32V 5.0V8 with an intercooled Vortech supercharger running 9PSI. 534RWHP and it's one of the rare 5-speed cars in the USA, as most brought here were automatics.

1985 Dodge Shelby Charger with the top removed to make it a roadster. 2.2L that runs 23 PSI up pump fuel and 28 PSI on 50/50 aviation fuel and pump gas.

Thanks for having me in the group.

Post subject: Re: Hey everyone!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:14 pm 

Welcome to the addiction! Looks like you already have a few? :ROTFL:

What are your plans for the Jeep CRD? :roll:
Timing belt is always NO. 1 if it has not been done or you do not know when the last time it was changed! (this is an interference engine, belt failure = bad things happen)
We love new ideas!!! :wink:

And have you read the NOOB Guide yet, if not you really need to and then ask any questions you may have.
There are many very knowledgeable and experienced CRD owners on this forum that more than willing to help and / or answer any questions you may have...

CRD NOOB Guide:> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have the Grand Cherokee 3.0, which uses a chain.

I've been reading the one long post on the software mods for weeks now. The exhaust is straight off the turbo to the end now and I want to do the correct software for EGR, FCV and DPF/cat delete and also add a little extra on the TQ/HP output. I'm getting almost 20 MPG around town, but now that I'm stuck in regen since the DPF's removed, the MPG is down and it's quite smokey behind me from the raw fuel getting dumped in. I also diverted the crankcase breather out of the air inlet and down to a standard road draft setup. I'm terribly impressed by how this thing runs. It has 219,000 on the clock and is still tight, tracks straight and quiet. There's just a slight 1/2 second rattle on startup until oil pressure builds. The only other thing I've done was replace the oil filter cap, as the bypass was broken off and also installed a different head unit with steering wheel control interface. I just picked her up in January after wrecking my XJ when a RF brake line blew out and still have a few things to do. I see there are a few here that really know the CRDs and even have tune files listed to download. This page is awesome compared to many of the other Jeep forums out there!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:16 pm 

marcozzi wrote:
I have the Grand Cherokee 3.0, which uses a chain.

I've been reading the one long post on the software mods for weeks now. The exhaust is straight off the turbo to the end now and I want to do the correct software for EGR, FCV and DPF/cat delete and also add a little extra on the TQ/HP output. I'm getting almost 20 MPG around town, but now that I'm stuck in regen since the DPF's removed, the MPG is down and it's quite smokey behind me from the raw fuel getting dumped in. I also diverted the crankcase breather out of the air inlet and down to a standard road draft setup. I'm terribly impressed by how this thing runs. It has 219,000 on the clock and is still tight, tracks straight and quiet. There's just a slight 1/2 second rattle on startup until oil pressure builds. The only other thing I've done was replace the oil filter cap, as the bypass was broken off and also installed a different head unit with steering wheel control interface. I just picked her up in January after wrecking my XJ when a RF brake line blew out and still have a few things to do. I see there are a few here that really know the CRDs and even have tune files listed to download. This page is awesome compared to many of the other Jeep forums out there!

Always wanted one of those!
You may want to look into a ProVent by Mann; a lot of us with Liberty CRD's have installed them. They should have had them from the factory! Our Jeeps require the suction of the turbo inlet pipe on the CCV system due to the vacuum pump discharges into the inside of the engine crankcase, a weird design. If the CCV is vented straight to atmosphere (we call it elephant hose) with no suction from the turbo, it can possibly cause leaking seals or blow the rear main crankshaft seal... :roll:

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

The Mann filter looks similar to what I did on my supercharged 928. I have the filter in a drainable catch can mounted between the crankcase vent and the intake, keeping it as a closed system. Works well. The Mann unit looks nice, too. With some carefully chosen plumbing, one would almost not even notice it's not OEM