It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi from the UK
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi everyone. So glad I got to become a member of this forum, every Google search I make for my KJ leads here! Having owned a 4.0L limited ZJ for nearly 8 years I was a year without a Jeep and hated it so bought a 2003 2.8 CRD KJ with 117k miles and is pretty much the most unloved modern Jeep I've ever seen. My wife and I spent probably a combined 30 hours cleaning it (mostly interior though). It needs a bit of restoration which I'm working through and having reads Sam's excellent CRD noob guide have completed all the filters and oil change and cleaned the MAP which was terrible. Inspected the turbo which is great condition and no issues with the boost hoses (is the orange inner the newer hoses?) This is my first Diesel so it's a bit of a steep learning curve for me. I've an oil leak which I I need to do further investigation...only a few drips but it needs sorting... running down and around the bell housing... possible rocker gasket???? Who knows. Anyway here's a couple of pics..Jeep, disgusting map and the leak! looking forward to getting involved :) oh and the oil leak pic was after I'd changed the oil, used brake cleaner to get rid of all the gunk and it had a twenty minute run :)ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Hi from the UK
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:32 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Wow!
The time you've invested certainly shows. It definitely doesn't look unloved now!
Thanks for the pics. I've wondered what the Cherokee badged KJs looked like.
You oil leak looks similar to mine, and I finally found it wasn't even motor oil but front differential gear lube that was being slung about by a leaking front pinion, and turbulent air flowing under.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

Post subject: Re: Hi from the UK
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:08 am 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
Wow!
The time you've invested certainly shows. It definitely doesn't look unloved now!
Thanks for the pics. I've wondered what the Cherokee badged KJs looked like.
You oil leak looks similar to mine, and I finally found it wasn't even motor oil but front differential gear lube that was being slung about by a leaking front pinion, and turbulent air flowing under.

Thanks....is getting there. Ahh that's interesting from the leak perspective. I'll have a look at that. Some people have also suggested oil pressure sensor which I understand is somewhere between the filter and turbo on the block. :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk