It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from LA Lower Alabama
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

First off Bought the jeep new in 2006. For the most part have not done too much to it. Replaced the original timing belt at 70,ooo miles. When the dealer told me it was leaking from the turbo installed an elephant nose CCV. Put in synthetic in the front and year gearboxes. It now has 160,ooo miles. Finally getting to the projects I had for it due to a spare vehicle and the wife got a new car and will let me drive it again.
A friend of mine here near Dothan AL, Just changed the timing belt, serpentine belt, pulleys, water pump, thermostat, Rocker Arm & Lifter Set, and completed a full weeks kit deletion. Anybody in the area wants work done I will vouch for him and reference him and get a quote back to you of down time, expected parts, and cost. Just message me.

The next project that I have is a lift pump mod. Years ago bought the dodge pump 1-05143160AB and wiring harness 56047848AB. I remember the instruction on here but again that was years ago.

My transmission has been taking longer and longer to get up to pressure before I can drive it. The next on the list for a torque converter and maybe third gear bands as shifts funny on only third.

What I need help with is web sites and or instructions on how to reprogram the computer for the weeks delete kit. And for a new torque converter to remove the program the F37 that was done years ago.

Thanks,
Dodge (my first name)

Post subject: Re: Hello from LA Lower Alabama
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:43 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Hello and welcome Dodge

Post subject: Is it tc or frt pump?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

My trans. doesn't engage right away. Then when it does I get shutter
and stall. Then it goes OK. Is it tc or transmission frt. pump?
Bought new liberty in 2005, (143000 miles) with all options. New cam belt, lifters and rockers
water pump, stat, and belts. Did job in back yard at 116000 mi.

Shed some light on this one

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:37 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
The location of your post and lack of circumstances and details makes it pointless to even guess at your Liberty's problem.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

Post subject: Re: Is it tc or frt pump?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:47 am 

Turbodog wrote:
Bought new liberty in 2005, (143000 miles) with all options. New cam belt, lifters and rockers

Frank

Shudder (not shutter, thats whats on windows) is caused by a weak torque converter lockup clutches slipping internally. Solution, replace with a Hemi or SunCoast torque converter.
Engine stall by TC lockup clutches not releasing is indicative of a worn out front pump in transmission. (plungers sticking) Solution, replace front pump assembly with new revised unit while you have the transmission out to replace the torque converter.... :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:20 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
Turbodog wrote:

Frank

Shudder (not shutter, thats whats on windows) is caused by a weak torque converter lockup clutches slipping internally. Solution, replace with a Hemi or SunCoast torque converter.
Engine stall by TC lockup clutches not releasing is indicative of a worn out front pump in transmission. (plungers sticking) Solution, replace front pump assembly with new revised unit while you have the transmission out to replace the torque converter.... :roll

Engineers can't spel

Thanks LOST Addict
Looks like you addressed 90% of the symptoms. How about the 30 second delay
when I drop it into drive or reverse after overnight shut-down?

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:17 am 

Turbodog wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
Turbodog wrote:

Frank

Engine stall by TC lockup clutches not releasing is indicative of a worn out front pump in transmission. (plungers sticking) Solution, replace front pump assembly with new revised unit while you have the transmission out to replace the torque converter.... :roll

Engineers can't spel

Thanks LOST Addict
Looks like you addressed 90% of the symptoms. How about the 30 second delay
when I drop it into drive or reverse after overnight shut-down?
Frank

Quite normal on 545RFE transmissions used in Jeeps and Dodge vehicles.
Simple solution, either start engine with tranny in "N" (neutral) or place shifter to "N" as soon as you start engine and allow it to stay there for 10-15 seconds to allow fluid line pressure to build up.
What causes this is fluid drains out of the some of the lines and passages while it sets overnight or for a several hour period of time and the pump only pumps in all motive gears or neutral.
So by putting the tranny in "N" you are allowing the pump to build up pressure.
I have two Dodge 4x4's and the Jeep, one of the Dodges I always have to place in "N", and the other one never does it! Go figure.

Some say that adding an extra quart ATF+4 to the transmission will help, but it does not always completely cure the issue. (these transmissions are big and like having a little extra fluid in them!!! :roll:

I simply learned to live with it as now by habit, I always start engine in neutral and wait a few seconds before putting in "D" and driving off....problem solved! :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:55 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the replies. Will try adding extra fluid. It has been a learning curve. The Jeep is running super good after the new rocker arms and the weeks delete. My co workers used to cringe when I pulled up as the front pulleys chirped bad in neutral. If I am patient and let it idle everything is fine in the gearbox. if I am in a hurry it takes a few seconds then starts pulling in gear. But then at the end of the driveway it stumbles and shudders. if I put it in neutral the shudder goes away. I put it back in gear and then off I go. I have a good transmission shop I have been turned on too. They just did a Dodge 42RE for me. I will have them look at it soon. just building up the funds. With the extra power even the transmission seams to shift better to Third. Between 30-40 mph. Even blew its nose and let it red line shift with the overdrive off and wow... Doing better.... but not done yet. Dodge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:40 am 

ucanfarm wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Will try adding extra fluid. It has been a learning curve. The Jeep is running super good after the new rocker arms and the weeks delete. My co workers used to cringe when I pulled up as the front pulleys chirped bad in neutral. If I am patient and let it idle everything is fine in the gearbox. if I am in a hurry it takes a few seconds then starts pulling in gear. But then at the end of the driveway it stumbles and shudders. if I put it in neutral the shudder goes away. I put it back in gear and then off I go. I have a good transmission shop I have been turned on too. They just did a Dodge 42RE for me. I will have them look at it soon. just building up the funds. With the extra power even the transmission seams to shift better to Third. Between 30-40 mph. Even blew its nose and let it red line shift with the overdrive off and wow... Doing better.... but not done yet. Dodge

Did you ever get your reprograming done to get rid of the DTC's after removing all the EGR junk?
If not, see this thread:> viewtopic.php?f=98&t=78418

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 am 
LOST Newbie

in wordpad got 1037377526P53362K4 as the file I downloaded from the ecu....

saved my file and tried Greybeast's 526 EGR/FCV delete - stock.

My cel light stayed on. Tried deleting the codes that a hand held reader could find and reloading his file again.

Nothing so far.