It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi, I'm Heather in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey everyone, I have been utilizing this forum for a few years, since I bought my '05 Liberty CRD.
Thanks to everyone who knows about maintaining and fixing CRD's, you all have saved me hundreds if not thousands at a shop!
I have a family, and a small concessions business that I have to pull a small trailer for, and I needed 1 vehicle that could both tow, and fit a car seat safely.
I searched high and low for a Liberty diesel after asking around about an SUV that could pull a trailer. Most dealerships laughed when I called to ask... but then I found one in my small hometown!!
My Jeep's name is Betsy (Thanks to my little boy), and while I have had several cars, and a truck, I have never cared about a vehicle until now.
Thus far I have replaced (Not actually me doing the replacing..I'm not that skilled.) :
glow plugs, every hose under the hood (some multiple times..), alternator (twice, WTH?), and all the usual maintenance stuff like belts, water pump, thermostat etc.
And all of that is fine, it's old, almost 200,000 miles, it's to be expected. But this is why I have finally created a profile to be able to post and ask questions....
Betsy has had a transmission fluid leak coming from the radiator area for quite some time, and we check it and fill it regularly.
Until recently...with 17 credit hours of college classes, and usual life busyness I forgot to remind my fiance...for the last 3 months.
Well, Betsy is now in limp mode, transmission took 5 quarts of fluid and we are currently working on finding a new transmission. So sad, poor Betsy!
So, I'll likely be asking some questions soon! After I get through this organic chemistry exam...

Post subject: Re: Hi, I'm Heather in Ohio
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:23 pm 
LOST Member

So...how's Betsy doing? Sometimes those pesky little issues (like leaks) are much easier in the long run to fix while they're still little! Hope school is gong well for you. :D

2005 Liberty Limited CRD; Air Filter Monitor; Samco Hoses; GDE HOT Tune; RL037142AA TC; KJ Interior Rack from All J Products; JBA Adjust-a-strut lift and A-Arms; 245/75R16 Firestone Destination ATs on Moabs; ARB Bumper; ASFIR Skids; FS-2500 Bypass Filter; ARP studs.
2016 Grand Cherokee Overland CRD.